Subject: Patch "powerpc/64s: Fix section mismatch warnings from setup_rfi_flush()" has been added to the 4.14-stable tree

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2018 15:49:51 +0200

This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled

    powerpc/64s: Fix section mismatch warnings from setup_rfi_flush()

to the 4.14-stable tree which can be found at:
    http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=summary

The filename of the patch is:
     powerpc-64s-fix-section-mismatch-warnings-from-setup_rfi_flush.patch
and it can be found in the queue-4.14 subdirectory.

If you, or anyone else, feels it should not be added to the stable tree,
please let <[email-masked]> know about it.

>>From foo@baz Sun May 27 15:47:18 CEST 2018
From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2018 14:27:48 +1000
Subject: powerpc/64s: Fix section mismatch warnings from setup_rfi_flush()
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>

commit 501a78cbc17c329fabf8e9750a1e9ab810c88a0e upstream.

The recent LPM changes to setup_rfi_flush() are causing some section
mismatch warnings because we removed the __init annotation on
setup_rfi_flush():

  The function setup_rfi_flush() references
  the function __init ppc64_bolted_size().
  the function __init memblock_alloc_base().

The references are actually in init_fallback_flush(), but that is
inlined into setup_rfi_flush().

These references are safe because:
 - only pseries calls setup_rfi_flush() at runtime
 - pseries always passes L1D_FLUSH_FALLBACK at boot
 - so the fallback flush area will always be allocated
 - so the check in init_fallback_flush() will always return early:
   /* Only allocate the fallback flush area once (at boot time). */
   if (l1d_flush_fallback_area)
   	return;

 - and therefore we won't actually call the freed init routines.

We should rework the code to make it safer by default rather than
relying on the above, but for now as a quick-fix just add a __ref
annotation to squash the warning.

Fixes: abf110f3e1ce ("powerpc/rfi-flush: Make it possible to call setup_rfi_flush() again")
Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/powerpc/kernel/setup_64.c |    2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

--- a/arch/powerpc/kernel/setup_64.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/kernel/setup_64.c
@@ -831,7 +831,7 @@ void rfi_flush_enable(bool enable)
 	rfi_flush = enable;
 }
 
-static void init_fallback_flush(void)
+static void __ref init_fallback_flush(void)
 {
 	u64 l1d_size, limit;
 	int cpu;

Patches currently in stable-queue which might be from [email-masked] are

queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-clear-pcr-on-boot.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-rfi-flush-differentiate-enabled-and-patched-flush-types.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-fix-section-mismatch-warnings-from-setup_rfi_flush.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-pseries-fix-clearing-of-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-powernv-set-or-clear-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-move-cpu_show_meltdown.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-rfi-flush-call-setup_rfi_flush-after-lpm-migration.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-pseries-set-or-clear-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-rfi-flush-make-it-possible-to-call-setup_rfi_flush-again.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-move-default-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-powernv-use-the-security-flags-in-pnv_setup_rfi_flush.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-add-security-feature-flags-for-spectre-meltdown.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-pseries-use-the-security-flags-in-pseries_setup_rfi_flush.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-enhance-the-information-in-cpu_show_meltdown.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-improve-rfi-l1-d-cache-flush-fallback.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-rfi-flush-always-enable-fallback-flush-on-pseries.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-rfi-flush-move-the-logic-to-avoid-a-redo-into-the-debugfs-code.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-pseries-restore-default-security-feature-flags-on-setup.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-pseries-add-new-h_get_cpu_characteristics-flags.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-add-support-for-a-store-forwarding-barrier-at-kernel-entry-exit.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-wire-up-cpu_show_spectre_v1.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-powernv-support-firmware-disable-of-rfi-flush.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-pseries-support-firmware-disable-of-rfi-flush.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-wire-up-cpu_show_spectre_v2.patch