Subject: Patch "powerpc/powernv: Support firmware disable of RFI flush" has been added to the 4.14-stable tree

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2018 15:49:52 +0200

This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled

    powerpc/powernv: Support firmware disable of RFI flush

to the 4.14-stable tree which can be found at:
    http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=summary

The filename of the patch is:
     powerpc-powernv-support-firmware-disable-of-rfi-flush.patch
and it can be found in the queue-4.14 subdirectory.

If you, or anyone else, feels it should not be added to the stable tree,
please let <[email-masked]> know about it.

>>From foo@baz Sun May 27 15:47:18 CEST 2018
From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2018 14:27:29 +1000
Subject: powerpc/powernv: Support firmware disable of RFI flush
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>

commit eb0a2d2620ae431c543963c8c7f08f597366fc60 upstream.

Some versions of firmware will have a setting that can be configured
to disable the RFI flush, add support for it.

Fixes: 6e032b350cd1 ("powerpc/powernv: Check device-tree for RFI flush settings")
Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/setup.c |    4 ++++
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+)

--- a/arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/setup.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/setup.c
@@ -79,6 +79,10 @@ static void pnv_setup_rfi_flush(void)
 		if (np && of_property_read_bool(np, "disabled"))
 			enable--;
 
+		np = of_get_child_by_name(fw_features, "speculation-policy-favor-security");
+		if (np && of_property_read_bool(np, "disabled"))
+			enable = 0;
+
 		of_node_put(np);
 		of_node_put(fw_features);
 	}

Patches currently in stable-queue which might be from [email-masked] are

queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-clear-pcr-on-boot.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-rfi-flush-differentiate-enabled-and-patched-flush-types.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-fix-section-mismatch-warnings-from-setup_rfi_flush.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-pseries-fix-clearing-of-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-powernv-set-or-clear-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-move-cpu_show_meltdown.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-rfi-flush-call-setup_rfi_flush-after-lpm-migration.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-pseries-set-or-clear-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-rfi-flush-make-it-possible-to-call-setup_rfi_flush-again.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-move-default-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-powernv-use-the-security-flags-in-pnv_setup_rfi_flush.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-add-security-feature-flags-for-spectre-meltdown.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-pseries-use-the-security-flags-in-pseries_setup_rfi_flush.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-enhance-the-information-in-cpu_show_meltdown.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-improve-rfi-l1-d-cache-flush-fallback.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-rfi-flush-always-enable-fallback-flush-on-pseries.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-rfi-flush-move-the-logic-to-avoid-a-redo-into-the-debugfs-code.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-pseries-restore-default-security-feature-flags-on-setup.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-pseries-add-new-h_get_cpu_characteristics-flags.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-add-support-for-a-store-forwarding-barrier-at-kernel-entry-exit.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-wire-up-cpu_show_spectre_v1.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-powernv-support-firmware-disable-of-rfi-flush.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-pseries-support-firmware-disable-of-rfi-flush.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-wire-up-cpu_show_spectre_v2.patch