Subject: Patch "powerpc/rfi-flush: Differentiate enabled and patched flush types" has been added to the 4.14-stable tree

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2018 15:49:54 +0200

This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled

    powerpc/rfi-flush: Differentiate enabled and patched flush types

to the 4.14-stable tree which can be found at:
    http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=summary

The filename of the patch is:
     powerpc-rfi-flush-differentiate-enabled-and-patched-flush-types.patch
and it can be found in the queue-4.14 subdirectory.

If you, or anyone else, feels it should not be added to the stable tree,
please let <[email-masked]> know about it.

>>From foo@baz Sun May 27 15:47:18 CEST 2018
From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2018 14:27:33 +1000
Subject: powerpc/rfi-flush: Differentiate enabled and patched flush types
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

From: Mauricio Faria de Oliveira <[email-masked]>

commit 0063d61ccfc011f379a31acaeba6de7c926fed2c upstream.

Currently the rfi-flush messages print 'Using <type> flush' for all
enabled_flush_types, but that is not necessarily true -- as now the
fallback flush is always enabled on pseries, but the fixup function
overwrites its nop/branch slot with other flush types, if available.

So, replace the 'Using <type> flush' messages with '<type> flush is
available'.

Also, print the patched flush types in the fixup function, so users
can know what is (not) being used (e.g., the slower, fallback flush,
or no flush type at all if flush is disabled via the debugfs switch).

Suggested-by: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Mauricio Faria de Oliveira <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/powerpc/kernel/setup_64.c    |    6 +++---
 arch/powerpc/lib/feature-fixups.c |    9 ++++++++-
 2 files changed, 11 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

--- a/arch/powerpc/kernel/setup_64.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/kernel/setup_64.c
@@ -860,15 +860,15 @@ static void init_fallback_flush(void)
 void setup_rfi_flush(enum l1d_flush_type types, bool enable)
 {
 	if (types & L1D_FLUSH_FALLBACK) {
-		pr_info("rfi-flush: Using fallback displacement flush\n");
+		pr_info("rfi-flush: fallback displacement flush available\n");
 		init_fallback_flush();
 	}
 
 	if (types & L1D_FLUSH_ORI)
-		pr_info("rfi-flush: Using ori type flush\n");
+		pr_info("rfi-flush: ori type flush available\n");
 
 	if (types & L1D_FLUSH_MTTRIG)
-		pr_info("rfi-flush: Using mttrig type flush\n");
+		pr_info("rfi-flush: mttrig type flush available\n");
 
 	enabled_flush_types = types;
 
--- a/arch/powerpc/lib/feature-fixups.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/lib/feature-fixups.c
@@ -153,7 +153,14 @@ void do_rfi_flush_fixups(enum l1d_flush_
 		patch_instruction(dest + 2, instrs[2]);
 	}
 
-	printk(KERN_DEBUG "rfi-flush: patched %d locations\n", i);
+	printk(KERN_DEBUG "rfi-flush: patched %d locations (%s flush)\n", i,
+		(types == L1D_FLUSH_NONE)       ? "no" :
+		(types == L1D_FLUSH_FALLBACK)   ? "fallback displacement" :
+		(types &  L1D_FLUSH_ORI)        ? (types & L1D_FLUSH_MTTRIG)
+							? "ori+mttrig type"
+							: "ori type" :
+		(types &  L1D_FLUSH_MTTRIG)     ? "mttrig type"
+						: "unknown");
 }
 #endif /* CONFIG_PPC_BOOK3S_64 */

Patches currently in stable-queue which might be from [email-masked] are

queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-clear-pcr-on-boot.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-rfi-flush-differentiate-enabled-and-patched-flush-types.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-fix-section-mismatch-warnings-from-setup_rfi_flush.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-pseries-fix-clearing-of-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-powernv-set-or-clear-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-move-cpu_show_meltdown.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-rfi-flush-call-setup_rfi_flush-after-lpm-migration.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-pseries-set-or-clear-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-rfi-flush-make-it-possible-to-call-setup_rfi_flush-again.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-move-default-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-powernv-use-the-security-flags-in-pnv_setup_rfi_flush.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-add-security-feature-flags-for-spectre-meltdown.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-pseries-use-the-security-flags-in-pseries_setup_rfi_flush.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-enhance-the-information-in-cpu_show_meltdown.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-improve-rfi-l1-d-cache-flush-fallback.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-rfi-flush-always-enable-fallback-flush-on-pseries.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-rfi-flush-move-the-logic-to-avoid-a-redo-into-the-debugfs-code.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-pseries-restore-default-security-feature-flags-on-setup.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-pseries-add-new-h_get_cpu_characteristics-flags.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-add-support-for-a-store-forwarding-barrier-at-kernel-entry-exit.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-wire-up-cpu_show_spectre_v1.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-powernv-support-firmware-disable-of-rfi-flush.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-pseries-support-firmware-disable-of-rfi-flush.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-wire-up-cpu_show_spectre_v2.patch