Subject: Patch "powerpc/pseries: Support firmware disable of RFI flush" has been added to the 4.9-stable tree

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2018 15:35:41 +0200

This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled

    powerpc/pseries: Support firmware disable of RFI flush

to the 4.9-stable tree which can be found at:
    http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=summary

The filename of the patch is:
     powerpc-pseries-support-firmware-disable-of-rfi-flush.patch
and it can be found in the queue-4.9 subdirectory.

If you, or anyone else, feels it should not be added to the stable tree,
please let <[email-masked]> know about it.

>>From foo@baz Sat Jun  2 15:29:05 CEST 2018
From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat,  2 Jun 2018 21:08:47 +1000
Subject: powerpc/pseries: Support firmware disable of RFI flush
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>

commit 582605a429e20ae68fd0b041b2e840af296edd08 upstream.

Some versions of firmware will have a setting that can be configured
to disable the RFI flush, add support for it.

Fixes: 8989d56878a7 ("powerpc/pseries: Query hypervisor for RFI flush settings")
Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/setup.c |    3 ++-
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

--- a/arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/setup.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/setup.c
@@ -473,7 +473,8 @@ static void pseries_setup_rfi_flush(void
 		if (types == L1D_FLUSH_NONE)
 			types = L1D_FLUSH_FALLBACK;
 
-		if (!(result.behaviour & H_CPU_BEHAV_L1D_FLUSH_PR))
+		if ((!(result.behaviour & H_CPU_BEHAV_L1D_FLUSH_PR)) ||
+		    (!(result.behaviour & H_CPU_BEHAV_FAVOUR_SECURITY)))
 			enable = false;
 	} else {
 		/* Default to fallback if case hcall is not available */

Patches currently in stable-queue which might be from [email-masked] are

queue-4.9/powerpc-64s-clear-pcr-on-boot.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-rfi-flush-differentiate-enabled-and-patched-flush-types.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-64s-fix-section-mismatch-warnings-from-setup_rfi_flush.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-pseries-fix-clearing-of-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-powernv-set-or-clear-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-64s-move-cpu_show_meltdown.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-rfi-flush-call-setup_rfi_flush-after-lpm-migration.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-pseries-set-or-clear-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-rfi-flush-make-it-possible-to-call-setup_rfi_flush-again.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-move-default-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-powernv-use-the-security-flags-in-pnv_setup_rfi_flush.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-add-security-feature-flags-for-spectre-meltdown.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-pseries-use-the-security-flags-in-pseries_setup_rfi_flush.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-64s-enhance-the-information-in-cpu_show_meltdown.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-rfi-flush-move-out-of-hardlockup_detector-ifdef.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-rfi-flush-always-enable-fallback-flush-on-pseries.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-rfi-flush-move-the-logic-to-avoid-a-redo-into-the-debugfs-code.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-pseries-restore-default-security-feature-flags-on-setup.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-pseries-add-new-h_get_cpu_characteristics-flags.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-64s-add-support-for-a-store-forwarding-barrier-at-kernel-entry-exit.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-64s-wire-up-cpu_show_spectre_v1.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-powernv-support-firmware-disable-of-rfi-flush.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-pseries-support-firmware-disable-of-rfi-flush.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-64s-wire-up-cpu_show_spectre_v2.patch