Subject: Patch "powerpc/rfi-flush: Call setup_rfi_flush() after LPM migration" has been added to the 4.9-stable tree

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2018 15:35:42 +0200

This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled

    powerpc/rfi-flush: Call setup_rfi_flush() after LPM migration

to the 4.9-stable tree which can be found at:
    http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=summary

The filename of the patch is:
     powerpc-rfi-flush-call-setup_rfi_flush-after-lpm-migration.patch
and it can be found in the queue-4.9 subdirectory.

If you, or anyone else, feels it should not be added to the stable tree,
please let <[email-masked]> know about it.

>>From foo@baz Sat Jun  2 15:29:05 CEST 2018
From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat,  2 Jun 2018 21:08:53 +1000
Subject: powerpc/rfi-flush: Call setup_rfi_flush() after LPM migration
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>

commit 921bc6cf807ceb2ab8005319cf39f33494d6b100 upstream.

We might have migrated to a machine that uses a different flush type,
or doesn't need flushing at all.

Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Mauricio Faria de Oliveira <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/mobility.c |    3 +++
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/pseries.h  |    2 ++
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/setup.c    |    2 +-
 3 files changed, 6 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

--- a/arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/mobility.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/mobility.c
@@ -314,6 +314,9 @@ void post_mobility_fixup(void)
 		printk(KERN_ERR "Post-mobility device tree update "
 			"failed: %d\n", rc);
 
+	/* Possibly switch to a new RFI flush type */
+	pseries_setup_rfi_flush();
+
 	return;
 }
 
--- a/arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/pseries.h
+++ b/arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/pseries.h
@@ -79,4 +79,6 @@ extern struct pci_controller_ops pseries
 
 unsigned long pseries_memory_block_size(void);
 
+void pseries_setup_rfi_flush(void);
+
 #endif /* _PSERIES_PSERIES_H */
--- a/arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/setup.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/setup.c
@@ -450,7 +450,7 @@ static void __init find_and_init_phbs(vo
 	of_pci_check_probe_only();
 }
 
-static void pseries_setup_rfi_flush(void)
+void pseries_setup_rfi_flush(void)
 {
 	struct h_cpu_char_result result;
 	enum l1d_flush_type types;

Patches currently in stable-queue which might be from [email-masked] are

queue-4.9/powerpc-64s-clear-pcr-on-boot.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-rfi-flush-differentiate-enabled-and-patched-flush-types.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-64s-fix-section-mismatch-warnings-from-setup_rfi_flush.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-pseries-fix-clearing-of-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-powernv-set-or-clear-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-64s-move-cpu_show_meltdown.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-rfi-flush-call-setup_rfi_flush-after-lpm-migration.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-pseries-set-or-clear-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-rfi-flush-make-it-possible-to-call-setup_rfi_flush-again.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-move-default-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-powernv-use-the-security-flags-in-pnv_setup_rfi_flush.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-add-security-feature-flags-for-spectre-meltdown.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-pseries-use-the-security-flags-in-pseries_setup_rfi_flush.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-64s-enhance-the-information-in-cpu_show_meltdown.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-rfi-flush-move-out-of-hardlockup_detector-ifdef.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-rfi-flush-always-enable-fallback-flush-on-pseries.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-rfi-flush-move-the-logic-to-avoid-a-redo-into-the-debugfs-code.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-pseries-restore-default-security-feature-flags-on-setup.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-pseries-add-new-h_get_cpu_characteristics-flags.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-64s-add-support-for-a-store-forwarding-barrier-at-kernel-entry-exit.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-64s-wire-up-cpu_show_spectre_v1.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-powernv-support-firmware-disable-of-rfi-flush.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-pseries-support-firmware-disable-of-rfi-flush.patch
queue-4.9/powerpc-64s-wire-up-cpu_show_spectre_v2.patch