Subject: error: array type has incomplete element type

From: WEHBI Rami <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 14:25:34 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,
  
 I am trying to compile a kernel for the ppc405 embedded on the virtex 4 and I am obtaining the compiling errors listed below(at the end of this mail).
  
 my compiler is the crosstool  latest one. 
  
 I tried to compile each the  following kernel versions :
 2.6.23.8
  2.6.17
  
 with the following versions of  gcc and glibc of the crosscompiler
 gcc-4.0.2-glibc-2.3.5
 gcc-4.1.0-glibc-2.3.6
 gcc-4.1.1-glibc-2.3.6
  
 the result is always the same  (array type has incomplete element type)
  
 moreover I searched all the  files and I replaced 
             (struct ocp_def  core_ocp[])        with  (struct ocp_def core_ocp[2]) 
         because my architectur  contains only one UART, the result is always the same (same  error).

 any help is  appreciated,

  arch/ppc/syslib/virtex_devices.c:23: error: array type has incomplete element  type
 arch/ppc/syslib/virtex_devices.c:25: error: field name not in record or union  initializer
 arch/ppc/syslib/virtex_devices.c:25: error: (near initialization for  'core_ocp')
 arch/ppc/syslib/virtex_devices.c:26: error: field name not in record or union  initializer
 arch/ppc/syslib/virtex_devices.c:26: error: (near initialization for  'core_ocp')
 arch/ppc/syslib/virtex_devices.c:27: error: field name not in record or union  initializer
  arch/ppc/syslib/virtex_devices.c:27: error: (near initialization for  'core_ocp')
 arch/ppc/syslib/virtex_devices.c:28: error: field name not in record or union  initializer
 arch/ppc/syslib/virtex_devices.c:28: error: (near initialization for  'core_ocp')
 arch/ppc/syslib/virtex_devices.c:29: error: field name not in record or union  initializer
 arch/ppc/syslib/virtex_devices.c:29: error: (near initialization for  'core_ocp')
 arch/ppc/syslib/virtex_devices.c:30: error: field name not in record or union  initializer
 arch/ppc/syslib/virtex_devices.c:30: error: (near initialization for  'core_ocp')
 arch/ppc/syslib/virtex_devices.c:30: error: 'OCP_CPM_NA' undeclared here (not  in a function)
 arch/ppc/syslib/virtex_devices.c:63: error: field name not in record or union  initializer
 arch/ppc/syslib/virtex_devices.c:63: error: (near initialization for   'core_ocp')

Rami

---------------------------------
 Ne gardez plus qu'une seule adresse mail ! Copiez vos mails vers Yahoo! Mail