Subject: Patch "[PATCH stable v4.14 11/32] powerpc/64: Call setup_barrier_nospec() from setup_arch()" has been added to the 4.14-stable tree

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 15:54:45 +0100

This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled

    [PATCH stable v4.14 11/32] powerpc/64: Call setup_barrier_nospec() from setup_arch()

to the 4.14-stable tree which can be found at:
    http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=summary

The filename of the patch is:
     powerpc-64-call-setup_barrier_nospec-from-setup_arch.patch
and it can be found in the queue-4.14 subdirectory.

If you, or anyone else, feels it should not be added to the stable tree,
please let <[email-masked]> know about it.

>From foo@baz Fri Mar 29 15:53:50 CET 2019
From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 22:25:59 +1100
Subject: [PATCH stable v4.14 11/32] powerpc/64: Call setup_barrier_nospec() from setup_arch()
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>

commit af375eefbfb27cbb5b831984e66d724a40d26b5c upstream.

Currently we require platform code to call setup_barrier_nospec(). But
if we add an empty definition for the !CONFIG_PPC_BARRIER_NOSPEC case
then we can call it in setup_arch().

Signed-off-by: Diana Craciun <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/setup.h       |    4 ++++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/setup-common.c     |    2 ++
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/setup.c |    1 -
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/setup.c |    1 -
 4 files changed, 6 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

--- a/arch/powerpc/include/asm/setup.h
+++ b/arch/powerpc/include/asm/setup.h
@@ -52,7 +52,11 @@ enum l1d_flush_type {
 
 void setup_rfi_flush(enum l1d_flush_type, bool enable);
 void do_rfi_flush_fixups(enum l1d_flush_type types);
+#ifdef CONFIG_PPC_BARRIER_NOSPEC
 void setup_barrier_nospec(void);
+#else
+static inline void setup_barrier_nospec(void) { };
+#endif
 void do_barrier_nospec_fixups(bool enable);
 extern bool barrier_nospec_enabled;
 
--- a/arch/powerpc/kernel/setup-common.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/kernel/setup-common.c
@@ -937,6 +937,8 @@ void __init setup_arch(char **cmdline_p)
 	if (ppc_md.setup_arch)
 		ppc_md.setup_arch();
 
+	setup_barrier_nospec();
+
 	paging_init();
 
 	/* Initialize the MMU context management stuff. */
--- a/arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/setup.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/setup.c
@@ -123,7 +123,6 @@ static void pnv_setup_rfi_flush(void)
 		  security_ftr_enabled(SEC_FTR_L1D_FLUSH_HV));
 
 	setup_rfi_flush(type, enable);
-	setup_barrier_nospec();
 }
 
 static void __init pnv_setup_arch(void)
--- a/arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/setup.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/setup.c
@@ -534,7 +534,6 @@ void pseries_setup_rfi_flush(void)
 		 security_ftr_enabled(SEC_FTR_L1D_FLUSH_PR);
 
 	setup_rfi_flush(types, enable);
-	setup_barrier_nospec();
 }
 
 static void __init pSeries_setup_arch(void)

Patches currently in stable-queue which might be from [email-masked] are

queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-emulate-sprn_bucsr-register.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64-make-stf-barrier-ppc_book3s_64-specific.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-fix-spectre_v2-mitigations-reporting.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-patch-barrier_nospec-in-modules.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-pseries-query-hypervisor-for-count-cache-flush-settings.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-add-support-for-software-count-cache-flush.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc64s-show-ori31-availability-in-spectre_v1-sysfs-file-not-v2.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-flush-the-branch-predictor-at-each-kernel-entry-64bit.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-update-spectre-v2-reporting.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64-make-meltdown-reporting-book3s-64-specific.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-add-support-for-ori-barrier_nospec-patching.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-use-barrier_nospec-in-copy_from_user.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-sanitize-the-syscall-table-for-nxp-powerpc-32-bit-platforms.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-add-macro-to-flush-the-branch-predictor.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-add-barrier_nospec-implementation-for-nxp-powerpc-book3e.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-security-fix-spectre_v2-reporting.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64-disable-the-speculation-barrier-from-the-command-line.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-fix-the-flush-of-branch-predictor.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64-add-config_ppc_barrier_nospec.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-enable-runtime-patching-if-nospectre_v2-boot-arg-is-used.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64-use-barrier_nospec-in-syscall-entry.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-fixed-warning-orphan-section-__btb_flush_fixup.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-add-nospectre_v2-command-line-argument.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-add-new-security-feature-flags-for-count-cache-flush.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-add-infrastructure-to-fixup-branch-predictor-flush.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-enhance-the-information-in-cpu_show_spectre_v1.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64-call-setup_barrier_nospec-from-setup_arch.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-asm-add-a-patch_site-macro-helpers-for-patching-instructions.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-flush-the-branch-predictor-at-each-kernel-entry-32-bit.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-enable-barrier_nospec-based-on-firmware-settings.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-flush-branch-predictor-when-entering-kvm.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-powernv-query-firmware-for-count-cache-flush-settings.patch