Subject: Patch "[PATCH stable v4.14 18/32] powerpc/pseries: Query hypervisor for count cache flush settings" has been added to the 4.14-stable tree

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 15:54:47 +0100

This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled

    [PATCH stable v4.14 18/32] powerpc/pseries: Query hypervisor for count cache flush settings

to the 4.14-stable tree which can be found at:
    http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=summary

The filename of the patch is:
     powerpc-pseries-query-hypervisor-for-count-cache-flush-settings.patch
and it can be found in the queue-4.14 subdirectory.

If you, or anyone else, feels it should not be added to the stable tree,
please let <[email-masked]> know about it.

>From foo@baz Fri Mar 29 15:53:50 CET 2019
From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 22:26:06 +1100
Subject: [PATCH stable v4.14 18/32] powerpc/pseries: Query hypervisor for count cache flush settings
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>

commit ba72dc171954b782a79d25e0f4b3ed91090c3b1e upstream.

Use the existing hypercall to determine the appropriate settings for
the count cache flush, and then call the generic powerpc code to set
it up based on the security feature flags.

Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/hvcall.h      |    2 ++
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/setup.c |    7 +++++++
 2 files changed, 9 insertions(+)

--- a/arch/powerpc/include/asm/hvcall.h
+++ b/arch/powerpc/include/asm/hvcall.h
@@ -340,10 +340,12 @@
 #define H_CPU_CHAR_BRANCH_HINTS_HONORED	(1ull << 58) // IBM bit 5
 #define H_CPU_CHAR_THREAD_RECONFIG_CTRL	(1ull << 57) // IBM bit 6
 #define H_CPU_CHAR_COUNT_CACHE_DISABLED	(1ull << 56) // IBM bit 7
+#define H_CPU_CHAR_BCCTR_FLUSH_ASSIST	(1ull << 54) // IBM bit 9
 
 #define H_CPU_BEHAV_FAVOUR_SECURITY	(1ull << 63) // IBM bit 0
 #define H_CPU_BEHAV_L1D_FLUSH_PR	(1ull << 62) // IBM bit 1
 #define H_CPU_BEHAV_BNDS_CHK_SPEC_BAR	(1ull << 61) // IBM bit 2
+#define H_CPU_BEHAV_FLUSH_COUNT_CACHE	(1ull << 58) // IBM bit 5
 
 /* Flag values used in H_REGISTER_PROC_TBL hcall */
 #define PROC_TABLE_OP_MASK	0x18
--- a/arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/setup.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/setup.c
@@ -484,6 +484,12 @@ static void init_cpu_char_feature_flags(
 	if (result->character & H_CPU_CHAR_COUNT_CACHE_DISABLED)
 		security_ftr_set(SEC_FTR_COUNT_CACHE_DISABLED);
 
+	if (result->character & H_CPU_CHAR_BCCTR_FLUSH_ASSIST)
+		security_ftr_set(SEC_FTR_BCCTR_FLUSH_ASSIST);
+
+	if (result->behaviour & H_CPU_BEHAV_FLUSH_COUNT_CACHE)
+		security_ftr_set(SEC_FTR_FLUSH_COUNT_CACHE);
+
 	/*
 	 * The features below are enabled by default, so we instead look to see
 	 * if firmware has *disabled* them, and clear them if so.
@@ -534,6 +540,7 @@ void pseries_setup_rfi_flush(void)
 		 security_ftr_enabled(SEC_FTR_L1D_FLUSH_PR);
 
 	setup_rfi_flush(types, enable);
+	setup_count_cache_flush();
 }
 
 static void __init pSeries_setup_arch(void)

Patches currently in stable-queue which might be from [email-masked] are

queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-emulate-sprn_bucsr-register.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64-make-stf-barrier-ppc_book3s_64-specific.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-fix-spectre_v2-mitigations-reporting.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-patch-barrier_nospec-in-modules.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-pseries-query-hypervisor-for-count-cache-flush-settings.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-add-support-for-software-count-cache-flush.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc64s-show-ori31-availability-in-spectre_v1-sysfs-file-not-v2.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-flush-the-branch-predictor-at-each-kernel-entry-64bit.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-update-spectre-v2-reporting.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64-make-meltdown-reporting-book3s-64-specific.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-add-support-for-ori-barrier_nospec-patching.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-use-barrier_nospec-in-copy_from_user.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-sanitize-the-syscall-table-for-nxp-powerpc-32-bit-platforms.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-add-macro-to-flush-the-branch-predictor.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-add-barrier_nospec-implementation-for-nxp-powerpc-book3e.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-security-fix-spectre_v2-reporting.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64-disable-the-speculation-barrier-from-the-command-line.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-fix-the-flush-of-branch-predictor.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64-add-config_ppc_barrier_nospec.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-enable-runtime-patching-if-nospectre_v2-boot-arg-is-used.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64-use-barrier_nospec-in-syscall-entry.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-fixed-warning-orphan-section-__btb_flush_fixup.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-add-nospectre_v2-command-line-argument.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-add-new-security-feature-flags-for-count-cache-flush.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-add-infrastructure-to-fixup-branch-predictor-flush.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-enhance-the-information-in-cpu_show_spectre_v1.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64-call-setup_barrier_nospec-from-setup_arch.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-asm-add-a-patch_site-macro-helpers-for-patching-instructions.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-flush-the-branch-predictor-at-each-kernel-entry-32-bit.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-enable-barrier_nospec-based-on-firmware-settings.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-flush-branch-predictor-when-entering-kvm.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-powernv-query-firmware-for-count-cache-flush-settings.patch