Subject: Patch "[PATCH stable v4.14 31/32] powerpc/fsl: Fix the flush of branch predictor." has been added to the 4.14-stable tree

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 15:54:47 +0100

This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled

    [PATCH stable v4.14 31/32] powerpc/fsl: Fix the flush of branch predictor.

to the 4.14-stable tree which can be found at:
    http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=summary

The filename of the patch is:
     powerpc-fsl-fix-the-flush-of-branch-predictor.patch
and it can be found in the queue-4.14 subdirectory.

If you, or anyone else, feels it should not be added to the stable tree,
please let <[email-masked]> know about it.

>From foo@baz Fri Mar 29 15:53:50 CET 2019
From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 22:26:19 +1100
Subject: [PATCH stable v4.14 31/32] powerpc/fsl: Fix the flush of branch predictor.
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>

From: Christophe Leroy <[email-masked]>

commit 27da80719ef132cf8c80eb406d5aeb37dddf78cc upstream.

The commit identified below adds MC_BTB_FLUSH macro only when
CONFIG_PPC_FSL_BOOK3E is defined. This results in the following error
on some configs (seen several times with kisskb randconfig_defconfig)

arch/powerpc/kernel/exceptions-64e.S:576: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `mc_btb_flush'
make[3]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:367: arch/powerpc/kernel/exceptions-64e.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:492: arch/powerpc/kernel] Error 2
make[1]: *** [Makefile:1043: arch/powerpc] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:152: sub-make] Error 2

This patch adds a blank definition of MC_BTB_FLUSH for other cases.

Fixes: 10c5e83afd4a ("powerpc/fsl: Flush the branch predictor at each kernel entry (64bit)")
Cc: Diana Craciun <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Christophe Leroy <[email-masked]>
Reviewed-by: Daniel Axtens <[email-masked]>
Reviewed-by: Diana Craciun <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/powerpc/kernel/exceptions-64e.S |    1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

--- a/arch/powerpc/kernel/exceptions-64e.S
+++ b/arch/powerpc/kernel/exceptions-64e.S
@@ -348,6 +348,7 @@ ret_from_mc_except:
 #define GEN_BTB_FLUSH
 #define CRIT_BTB_FLUSH
 #define DBG_BTB_FLUSH
+#define MC_BTB_FLUSH
 #define GDBELL_BTB_FLUSH
 #endif

Patches currently in stable-queue which might be from [email-masked] are

queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-emulate-sprn_bucsr-register.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64-make-stf-barrier-ppc_book3s_64-specific.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-fix-spectre_v2-mitigations-reporting.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-patch-barrier_nospec-in-modules.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-pseries-query-hypervisor-for-count-cache-flush-settings.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-add-support-for-software-count-cache-flush.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc64s-show-ori31-availability-in-spectre_v1-sysfs-file-not-v2.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-flush-the-branch-predictor-at-each-kernel-entry-64bit.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-update-spectre-v2-reporting.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64-make-meltdown-reporting-book3s-64-specific.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-add-support-for-ori-barrier_nospec-patching.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-use-barrier_nospec-in-copy_from_user.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-sanitize-the-syscall-table-for-nxp-powerpc-32-bit-platforms.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-add-macro-to-flush-the-branch-predictor.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-add-barrier_nospec-implementation-for-nxp-powerpc-book3e.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-security-fix-spectre_v2-reporting.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64-disable-the-speculation-barrier-from-the-command-line.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-fix-the-flush-of-branch-predictor.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64-add-config_ppc_barrier_nospec.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-enable-runtime-patching-if-nospectre_v2-boot-arg-is-used.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64-use-barrier_nospec-in-syscall-entry.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-fixed-warning-orphan-section-__btb_flush_fixup.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-add-nospectre_v2-command-line-argument.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-add-new-security-feature-flags-for-count-cache-flush.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-add-infrastructure-to-fixup-branch-predictor-flush.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-enhance-the-information-in-cpu_show_spectre_v1.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64-call-setup_barrier_nospec-from-setup_arch.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-asm-add-a-patch_site-macro-helpers-for-patching-instructions.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-flush-the-branch-predictor-at-each-kernel-entry-32-bit.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-64s-enable-barrier_nospec-based-on-firmware-settings.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-fsl-flush-branch-predictor-when-entering-kvm.patch
queue-4.14/powerpc-powernv-query-firmware-for-count-cache-flush-settings.patch