Subject: Patch "powerpc/fsl: Enable runtime patching if nospectre_v2 boot arg is used" has been added to the 4.19-stable tree

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 16:07:53 +0100

This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled

    powerpc/fsl: Enable runtime patching if nospectre_v2 boot arg is used

to the 4.19-stable tree which can be found at:
    http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=summary

The filename of the patch is:
     powerpc-fsl-enable-runtime-patching-if-nospectre_v2-boot-arg-is-used.patch
and it can be found in the queue-4.19 subdirectory.

If you, or anyone else, feels it should not be added to the stable tree,
please let <[email-masked]> know about it.

>From foo@baz Fri Mar 29 16:04:51 CET 2019
From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 22:26:16 +1100
Subject: powerpc/fsl: Enable runtime patching if nospectre_v2 boot arg is used
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

From: Diana Craciun <[email-masked]>

commit 3bc8ea8603ae4c1e09aca8de229ad38b8091fcb3 upstream.

If the user choses not to use the mitigations, replace
the code sequence with nops.

Signed-off-by: Diana Craciun <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/powerpc/kernel/setup-common.c |    1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

--- a/arch/powerpc/kernel/setup-common.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/kernel/setup-common.c
@@ -973,6 +973,7 @@ void __init setup_arch(char **cmdline_p)
 		ppc_md.setup_arch();
 
 	setup_barrier_nospec();
+	setup_spectre_v2();
 
 	paging_init();

Patches currently in stable-queue which might be from [email-masked] are

queue-4.19/powerpc-fsl-emulate-sprn_bucsr-register.patch
queue-4.19/powerpc-fsl-flush-the-branch-predictor-at-each-kernel-entry-64bit.patch
queue-4.19/powerpc-fsl-update-spectre-v2-reporting.patch
queue-4.19/powerpc-fsl-add-macro-to-flush-the-branch-predictor.patch
queue-4.19/powerpc-security-fix-spectre_v2-reporting.patch
queue-4.19/powerpc-fsl-fix-the-flush-of-branch-predictor.patch
queue-4.19/powerpc-fsl-enable-runtime-patching-if-nospectre_v2-boot-arg-is-used.patch
queue-4.19/powerpc-fsl-fixed-warning-orphan-section-__btb_flush_fixup.patch
queue-4.19/powerpc-fsl-add-nospectre_v2-command-line-argument.patch
queue-4.19/powerpc-fsl-add-infrastructure-to-fixup-branch-predictor-flush.patch
queue-4.19/powerpc-fsl-flush-the-branch-predictor-at-each-kernel-entry-32-bit.patch
queue-4.19/powerpc-fsl-flush-branch-predictor-when-entering-kvm.patch