Subject: Patch "powerpc/fsl: Fixed warning: orphan section `__btb_flush_fixup'" has been added to the 4.19-stable tree

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 16:07:53 +0100

This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled

    powerpc/fsl: Fixed warning: orphan section `__btb_flush_fixup'

to the 4.19-stable tree which can be found at:
    http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=summary

The filename of the patch is:
     powerpc-fsl-fixed-warning-orphan-section-__btb_flush_fixup.patch
and it can be found in the queue-4.19 subdirectory.

If you, or anyone else, feels it should not be added to the stable tree,
please let <[email-masked]> know about it.

>From foo@baz Fri Mar 29 16:04:51 CET 2019
From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 22:26:18 +1100
Subject: powerpc/fsl: Fixed warning: orphan section `__btb_flush_fixup'
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

From: Diana Craciun <[email-masked]>

commit 039daac5526932ec731e4499613018d263af8b3e upstream.

Fixed the following build warning:
powerpc-linux-gnu-ld: warning: orphan section `__btb_flush_fixup' from
`arch/powerpc/kernel/head_44x.o' being placed in section
`__btb_flush_fixup'.

Signed-off-by: Diana Craciun <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/powerpc/kernel/head_booke.h |   18 ++++++++++++------
 1 file changed, 12 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

--- a/arch/powerpc/kernel/head_booke.h
+++ b/arch/powerpc/kernel/head_booke.h
@@ -32,6 +32,16 @@
  */
 #define THREAD_NORMSAVE(offset)	(THREAD_NORMSAVES + (offset * 4))
 
+#ifdef CONFIG_PPC_FSL_BOOK3E
+#define BOOKE_CLEAR_BTB(reg)									\
+START_BTB_FLUSH_SECTION								\
+	BTB_FLUSH(reg)									\
+END_BTB_FLUSH_SECTION
+#else
+#define BOOKE_CLEAR_BTB(reg)
+#endif
+
+
 #define NORMAL_EXCEPTION_PROLOG(intno)						     \
 	mtspr	SPRN_SPRG_WSCRATCH0, r10;	/* save one register */	     \
 	mfspr	r10, SPRN_SPRG_THREAD;					     \
@@ -43,9 +53,7 @@
 	andi.	r11, r11, MSR_PR;	/* check whether user or kernel    */\
 	mr	r11, r1;						     \
 	beq	1f;							     \
-START_BTB_FLUSH_SECTION					\
-	BTB_FLUSH(r11)						\
-END_BTB_FLUSH_SECTION					\
+	BOOKE_CLEAR_BTB(r11)						\
 	/* if from user, start at top of this thread's kernel stack */       \
 	lwz	r11, THREAD_INFO-THREAD(r10);				     \
 	ALLOC_STACK_FRAME(r11, THREAD_SIZE);				     \
@@ -131,9 +139,7 @@ END_BTB_FLUSH_SECTION					\
 	stw	r9,_CCR(r8);		/* save CR on stack		   */\
 	mfspr	r11,exc_level_srr1;	/* check whether user or kernel    */\
 	DO_KVM	BOOKE_INTERRUPT_##intno exc_level_srr1;		             \
-START_BTB_FLUSH_SECTION								\
-	BTB_FLUSH(r10)									\
-END_BTB_FLUSH_SECTION								\
+	BOOKE_CLEAR_BTB(r10)						\
 	andi.	r11,r11,MSR_PR;						     \
 	mfspr	r11,SPRN_SPRG_THREAD;	/* if from user, start at top of   */\
 	lwz	r11,THREAD_INFO-THREAD(r11); /* this thread's kernel stack */\

Patches currently in stable-queue which might be from [email-masked] are

queue-4.19/powerpc-fsl-emulate-sprn_bucsr-register.patch
queue-4.19/powerpc-fsl-flush-the-branch-predictor-at-each-kernel-entry-64bit.patch
queue-4.19/powerpc-fsl-update-spectre-v2-reporting.patch
queue-4.19/powerpc-fsl-add-macro-to-flush-the-branch-predictor.patch
queue-4.19/powerpc-security-fix-spectre_v2-reporting.patch
queue-4.19/powerpc-fsl-fix-the-flush-of-branch-predictor.patch
queue-4.19/powerpc-fsl-enable-runtime-patching-if-nospectre_v2-boot-arg-is-used.patch
queue-4.19/powerpc-fsl-fixed-warning-orphan-section-__btb_flush_fixup.patch
queue-4.19/powerpc-fsl-add-nospectre_v2-command-line-argument.patch
queue-4.19/powerpc-fsl-add-infrastructure-to-fixup-branch-predictor-flush.patch
queue-4.19/powerpc-fsl-flush-the-branch-predictor-at-each-kernel-entry-32-bit.patch
queue-4.19/powerpc-fsl-flush-branch-predictor-when-entering-kvm.patch