Subject: Patch "powerpc/fsl: Add macro to flush the branch predictor" has been added to the 4.19-stable tree

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 16:07:53 +0100

This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled

    powerpc/fsl: Add macro to flush the branch predictor

to the 4.19-stable tree which can be found at:
    http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=summary

The filename of the patch is:
     powerpc-fsl-add-macro-to-flush-the-branch-predictor.patch
and it can be found in the queue-4.19 subdirectory.

If you, or anyone else, feels it should not be added to the stable tree,
please let <[email-masked]> know about it.

>From foo@baz Fri Mar 29 16:04:51 CET 2019
From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 22:26:09 +1100
Subject: powerpc/fsl: Add macro to flush the branch predictor
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

From: Diana Craciun <[email-masked]>

commit 1cbf8990d79ff69da8ad09e8a3df014e1494462b upstream.

The BUCSR register can be used to invalidate the entries in the
branch prediction mechanisms.

Signed-off-by: Diana Craciun <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/ppc_asm.h |   10 ++++++++++
 1 file changed, 10 insertions(+)

--- a/arch/powerpc/include/asm/ppc_asm.h
+++ b/arch/powerpc/include/asm/ppc_asm.h
@@ -821,4 +821,14 @@ END_FTR_SECTION_IFCLR(CPU_FTR_601)
 	stringify_in_c(.long (_target) - . ;)	\
 	stringify_in_c(.previous)
 
+#ifdef CONFIG_PPC_FSL_BOOK3E
+#define BTB_FLUSH(reg)			\
+	lis reg,BUCSR_INIT@h;		\
+	ori reg,reg,BUCSR_INIT@l;	\
+	mtspr SPRN_BUCSR,reg;		\
+	isync;
+#else
+#define BTB_FLUSH(reg)
+#endif /* CONFIG_PPC_FSL_BOOK3E */
+
 #endif /* _ASM_POWERPC_PPC_ASM_H */

Patches currently in stable-queue which might be from [email-masked] are

queue-4.19/powerpc-fsl-emulate-sprn_bucsr-register.patch
queue-4.19/powerpc-fsl-flush-the-branch-predictor-at-each-kernel-entry-64bit.patch
queue-4.19/powerpc-fsl-update-spectre-v2-reporting.patch
queue-4.19/powerpc-fsl-add-macro-to-flush-the-branch-predictor.patch
queue-4.19/powerpc-security-fix-spectre_v2-reporting.patch
queue-4.19/powerpc-fsl-fix-the-flush-of-branch-predictor.patch
queue-4.19/powerpc-fsl-enable-runtime-patching-if-nospectre_v2-boot-arg-is-used.patch
queue-4.19/powerpc-fsl-fixed-warning-orphan-section-__btb_flush_fixup.patch
queue-4.19/powerpc-fsl-add-nospectre_v2-command-line-argument.patch
queue-4.19/powerpc-fsl-add-infrastructure-to-fixup-branch-predictor-flush.patch
queue-4.19/powerpc-fsl-flush-the-branch-predictor-at-each-kernel-entry-32-bit.patch
queue-4.19/powerpc-fsl-flush-branch-predictor-when-entering-kvm.patch