Subject: Patch "powerpc/64s: Move cpu_show_meltdown()" has been added to the 4.4-stable tree

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 11:51:23 +0200

This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled

    powerpc/64s: Move cpu_show_meltdown()

to the 4.4-stable tree which can be found at:
    http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=summary

The filename of the patch is:
     powerpc-64s-move-cpu_show_meltdown.patch
and it can be found in the queue-4.4 subdirectory.

If you, or anyone else, feels it should not be added to the stable tree,
please let <[email-masked]> know about it.

>From foo@baz Mon 29 Apr 2019 11:38:37 AM CEST
From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 00:19:59 +1000
Subject: powerpc/64s: Move cpu_show_meltdown()
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>

commit 8ad33041563a10b34988800c682ada14b2612533 upstream.

This landed in setup_64.c for no good reason other than we had nowhere
else to put it. Now that we have a security-related file, that is a
better place for it so move it.

Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/powerpc/kernel/security.c |   11 +++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/setup_64.c |    8 --------
 2 files changed, 11 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)

--- a/arch/powerpc/kernel/security.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/kernel/security.c
@@ -5,6 +5,8 @@
 // Copyright 2018, Michael Ellerman, IBM Corporation.
 
 #include <linux/kernel.h>
+#include <linux/device.h>
+
 #include <asm/security_features.h>

@@ -13,3 +15,12 @@ unsigned long powerpc_security_features
 	SEC_FTR_L1D_FLUSH_PR | \
 	SEC_FTR_BNDS_CHK_SPEC_BAR | \
 	SEC_FTR_FAVOUR_SECURITY;
+
+
+ssize_t cpu_show_meltdown(struct device *dev, struct device_attribute *attr, char *buf)
+{
+	if (rfi_flush)
+		return sprintf(buf, "Mitigation: RFI Flush\n");
+
+	return sprintf(buf, "Vulnerable\n");
+}
--- a/arch/powerpc/kernel/setup_64.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/kernel/setup_64.c
@@ -961,12 +961,4 @@ static __init int rfi_flush_debugfs_init
 }
 device_initcall(rfi_flush_debugfs_init);
 #endif
-
-ssize_t cpu_show_meltdown(struct device *dev, struct device_attribute *attr, char *buf)
-{
-	if (rfi_flush)
-		return sprintf(buf, "Mitigation: RFI Flush\n");
-
-	return sprintf(buf, "Vulnerable\n");
-}
 #endif /* CONFIG_PPC_BOOK3S_64 */

Patches currently in stable-queue which might be from [email-masked] are

queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-add-support-for-a-store-forwarding-barrier-at-kernel-entry-exit.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64-make-stf-barrier-ppc_book3s_64-specific.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-pseries-set-or-clear-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-fsl-fix-spectre_v2-mitigations-reporting.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-patch-barrier_nospec-in-modules.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-pseries-support-firmware-disable-of-rfi-flush.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-rfi-flush-call-setup_rfi_flush-after-lpm-migration.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-pseries-query-hypervisor-for-count-cache-flush-settings.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-powernv-set-or-clear-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-add-support-for-software-count-cache-flush.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc64s-show-ori31-availability-in-spectre_v1-sysfs-file-not-v2.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-fsl-flush-the-branch-predictor-at-each-kernel-entry-64bit.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-fsl-update-spectre-v2-reporting.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-wire-up-cpu_show_spectre_v2.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64-make-meltdown-reporting-book3s-64-specific.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-rfi-flush-make-it-possible-to-call-setup_rfi_flush-again.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-add-support-for-ori-barrier_nospec-patching.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-use-barrier_nospec-in-copy_from_user.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-fix-section-mismatch-warnings-from-setup_rfi_flush.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-avoid-code-patching-freed-init-sections.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-fsl-add-macro-to-flush-the-branch-predictor.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-xmon-add-rfi-flush-related-fields-to-paca-dump.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-fsl-add-barrier_nospec-implementation-for-nxp-powerpc-book3e.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-security-fix-spectre_v2-reporting.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-add-security-feature-flags-for-spectre-meltdown.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-powernv-use-the-security-flags-in-pnv_setup_rfi_flush.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64-disable-the-speculation-barrier-from-the-command-line.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-fsl-fix-the-flush-of-branch-predictor.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-pseries-use-the-security-flags-in-pseries_setup_rfi_flush.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64-add-config_ppc_barrier_nospec.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-move-cpu_show_meltdown.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64-use-barrier_nospec-in-syscall-entry.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-fsl-add-nospectre_v2-command-line-argument.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-add-new-security-feature-flags-for-count-cache-flush.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-fsl-add-infrastructure-to-fixup-branch-predictor-flush.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-rfi-flush-differentiate-enabled-and-patched-flush-types.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-enhance-the-information-in-cpu_show_spectre_v1.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64-call-setup_barrier_nospec-from-setup_arch.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-rfi-flush-always-enable-fallback-flush-on-pseries.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-improve-rfi-l1-d-cache-flush-fallback.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-asm-add-a-patch_site-macro-helpers-for-patching-instructions.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-pseries-add-new-h_get_cpu_characteristics-flags.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-enable-barrier_nospec-based-on-firmware-settings.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-powernv-support-firmware-disable-of-rfi-flush.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-rfi-flush-move-the-logic-to-avoid-a-redo-into-the-debugfs-code.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-powernv-query-firmware-for-count-cache-flush-settings.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-wire-up-cpu_show_spectre_v1.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-add-barrier_nospec.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-enhance-the-information-in-cpu_show_meltdown.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-move-default-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-pseries-fix-clearing-of-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-pseries-restore-default-security-feature-flags-on-setup.patch