Subject: Patch "powerpc/fsl: Add barrier_nospec implementation for NXP PowerPC Book3E" has been added to the 4.4-stable tree

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 11:51:25 +0200

This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled

    powerpc/fsl: Add barrier_nospec implementation for NXP PowerPC Book3E

to the 4.4-stable tree which can be found at:
    http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=summary

The filename of the patch is:
     powerpc-fsl-add-barrier_nospec-implementation-for-nxp-powerpc-book3e.patch
and it can be found in the queue-4.4 subdirectory.

If you, or anyone else, feels it should not be added to the stable tree,
please let <[email-masked]> know about it.

>From foo@baz Mon 29 Apr 2019 11:38:37 AM CEST
From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 00:20:23 +1000
Subject: powerpc/fsl: Add barrier_nospec implementation for NXP PowerPC Book3E
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

From: Diana Craciun <[email-masked]>

commit ebcd1bfc33c7a90df941df68a6e5d4018c022fba upstream.

Implement the barrier_nospec as a isync;sync instruction sequence.
The implementation uses the infrastructure built for BOOK3S 64.

Signed-off-by: Diana Craciun <[email-masked]>
[mpe: Add PPC_INST_ISYNC for backport]
Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/powerpc/Kconfig                  |    2 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/barrier.h    |    8 +++++++-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/ppc-opcode.h |    1 +
 arch/powerpc/lib/feature-fixups.c     |   31 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 4 files changed, 40 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

--- a/arch/powerpc/Kconfig
+++ b/arch/powerpc/Kconfig
@@ -165,7 +165,7 @@ config PPC
 config PPC_BARRIER_NOSPEC
     bool
     default y
-    depends on PPC_BOOK3S_64
+    depends on PPC_BOOK3S_64 || PPC_FSL_BOOK3E
 
 config GENERIC_CSUM
 	def_bool CPU_LITTLE_ENDIAN
--- a/arch/powerpc/include/asm/barrier.h
+++ b/arch/powerpc/include/asm/barrier.h
@@ -92,12 +92,18 @@ do {									\
 #define smp_mb__after_atomic()      smp_mb()
 #define smp_mb__before_spinlock()   smp_mb()
 
+#ifdef CONFIG_PPC_BOOK3S_64
+#define NOSPEC_BARRIER_SLOT   nop
+#elif defined(CONFIG_PPC_FSL_BOOK3E)
+#define NOSPEC_BARRIER_SLOT   nop; nop
+#endif
+
 #ifdef CONFIG_PPC_BARRIER_NOSPEC
 /*
  * Prevent execution of subsequent instructions until preceding branches have
  * been fully resolved and are no longer executing speculatively.
  */
-#define barrier_nospec_asm NOSPEC_BARRIER_FIXUP_SECTION; nop
+#define barrier_nospec_asm NOSPEC_BARRIER_FIXUP_SECTION; NOSPEC_BARRIER_SLOT
 
 // This also acts as a compiler barrier due to the memory clobber.
 #define barrier_nospec() asm (stringify_in_c(barrier_nospec_asm) ::: "memory")
--- a/arch/powerpc/include/asm/ppc-opcode.h
+++ b/arch/powerpc/include/asm/ppc-opcode.h
@@ -147,6 +147,7 @@
 #define PPC_INST_LWSYNC			0x7c2004ac
 #define PPC_INST_SYNC			0x7c0004ac
 #define PPC_INST_SYNC_MASK		0xfc0007fe
+#define PPC_INST_ISYNC			0x4c00012c
 #define PPC_INST_LXVD2X			0x7c000698
 #define PPC_INST_MCRXR			0x7c000400
 #define PPC_INST_MCRXR_MASK		0xfc0007fe
--- a/arch/powerpc/lib/feature-fixups.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/lib/feature-fixups.c
@@ -315,6 +315,37 @@ void do_barrier_nospec_fixups(bool enabl
 }
 #endif /* CONFIG_PPC_BARRIER_NOSPEC */
 
+#ifdef CONFIG_PPC_FSL_BOOK3E
+void do_barrier_nospec_fixups_range(bool enable, void *fixup_start, void *fixup_end)
+{
+	unsigned int instr[2], *dest;
+	long *start, *end;
+	int i;
+
+	start = fixup_start;
+	end = fixup_end;
+
+	instr[0] = PPC_INST_NOP;
+	instr[1] = PPC_INST_NOP;
+
+	if (enable) {
+		pr_info("barrier-nospec: using isync; sync as speculation barrier\n");
+		instr[0] = PPC_INST_ISYNC;
+		instr[1] = PPC_INST_SYNC;
+	}
+
+	for (i = 0; start < end; start++, i++) {
+		dest = (void *)start + *start;
+
+		pr_devel("patching dest %lx\n", (unsigned long)dest);
+		patch_instruction(dest, instr[0]);
+		patch_instruction(dest + 1, instr[1]);
+	}
+
+	printk(KERN_DEBUG "barrier-nospec: patched %d locations\n", i);
+}
+#endif /* CONFIG_PPC_FSL_BOOK3E */
+
 void do_lwsync_fixups(unsigned long value, void *fixup_start, void *fixup_end)
 {
 	long *start, *end;

Patches currently in stable-queue which might be from [email-masked] are

queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-add-support-for-a-store-forwarding-barrier-at-kernel-entry-exit.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64-make-stf-barrier-ppc_book3s_64-specific.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-pseries-set-or-clear-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-fsl-fix-spectre_v2-mitigations-reporting.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-patch-barrier_nospec-in-modules.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-pseries-support-firmware-disable-of-rfi-flush.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-rfi-flush-call-setup_rfi_flush-after-lpm-migration.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-pseries-query-hypervisor-for-count-cache-flush-settings.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-powernv-set-or-clear-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-add-support-for-software-count-cache-flush.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc64s-show-ori31-availability-in-spectre_v1-sysfs-file-not-v2.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-fsl-flush-the-branch-predictor-at-each-kernel-entry-64bit.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-fsl-update-spectre-v2-reporting.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-wire-up-cpu_show_spectre_v2.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64-make-meltdown-reporting-book3s-64-specific.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-rfi-flush-make-it-possible-to-call-setup_rfi_flush-again.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-add-support-for-ori-barrier_nospec-patching.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-use-barrier_nospec-in-copy_from_user.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-fix-section-mismatch-warnings-from-setup_rfi_flush.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-avoid-code-patching-freed-init-sections.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-fsl-add-macro-to-flush-the-branch-predictor.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-xmon-add-rfi-flush-related-fields-to-paca-dump.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-fsl-add-barrier_nospec-implementation-for-nxp-powerpc-book3e.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-security-fix-spectre_v2-reporting.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-add-security-feature-flags-for-spectre-meltdown.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-powernv-use-the-security-flags-in-pnv_setup_rfi_flush.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64-disable-the-speculation-barrier-from-the-command-line.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-fsl-fix-the-flush-of-branch-predictor.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-pseries-use-the-security-flags-in-pseries_setup_rfi_flush.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64-add-config_ppc_barrier_nospec.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-move-cpu_show_meltdown.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64-use-barrier_nospec-in-syscall-entry.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-fsl-add-nospectre_v2-command-line-argument.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-add-new-security-feature-flags-for-count-cache-flush.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-fsl-add-infrastructure-to-fixup-branch-predictor-flush.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-rfi-flush-differentiate-enabled-and-patched-flush-types.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-enhance-the-information-in-cpu_show_spectre_v1.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64-call-setup_barrier_nospec-from-setup_arch.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-rfi-flush-always-enable-fallback-flush-on-pseries.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-improve-rfi-l1-d-cache-flush-fallback.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-asm-add-a-patch_site-macro-helpers-for-patching-instructions.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-pseries-add-new-h_get_cpu_characteristics-flags.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-enable-barrier_nospec-based-on-firmware-settings.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-powernv-support-firmware-disable-of-rfi-flush.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-rfi-flush-move-the-logic-to-avoid-a-redo-into-the-debugfs-code.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-powernv-query-firmware-for-count-cache-flush-settings.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-wire-up-cpu_show_spectre_v1.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-add-barrier_nospec.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-enhance-the-information-in-cpu_show_meltdown.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-move-default-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-pseries-fix-clearing-of-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-pseries-restore-default-security-feature-flags-on-setup.patch