Subject: Patch "powerpc/rfi-flush: Call setup_rfi_flush() after LPM migration" has been added to the 4.4-stable tree

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 11:51:30 +0200

This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled

    powerpc/rfi-flush: Call setup_rfi_flush() after LPM migration

to the 4.4-stable tree which can be found at:
    http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=summary

The filename of the patch is:
     powerpc-rfi-flush-call-setup_rfi_flush-after-lpm-migration.patch
and it can be found in the queue-4.4 subdirectory.

If you, or anyone else, feels it should not be added to the stable tree,
please let <[email-masked]> know about it.

>From foo@baz Mon 29 Apr 2019 11:38:37 AM CEST
From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 00:19:55 +1000
Subject: powerpc/rfi-flush: Call setup_rfi_flush() after LPM migration
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>

commit 921bc6cf807ceb2ab8005319cf39f33494d6b100 upstream.

We might have migrated to a machine that uses a different flush type,
or doesn't need flushing at all.

Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Mauricio Faria de Oliveira <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/mobility.c |    3 +++
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/pseries.h  |    2 ++
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/setup.c    |    2 +-
 3 files changed, 6 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

--- a/arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/mobility.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/mobility.c
@@ -314,6 +314,9 @@ void post_mobility_fixup(void)
 		printk(KERN_ERR "Post-mobility device tree update "
 			"failed: %d\n", rc);
 
+	/* Possibly switch to a new RFI flush type */
+	pseries_setup_rfi_flush();
+
 	return;
 }
 
--- a/arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/pseries.h
+++ b/arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/pseries.h
@@ -81,4 +81,6 @@ extern struct pci_controller_ops pseries
 
 unsigned long pseries_memory_block_size(void);
 
+void pseries_setup_rfi_flush(void);
+
 #endif /* _PSERIES_PSERIES_H */
--- a/arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/setup.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/setup.c
@@ -499,7 +499,7 @@ static void __init find_and_init_phbs(vo
 	of_pci_check_probe_only();
 }
 
-static void pseries_setup_rfi_flush(void)
+void pseries_setup_rfi_flush(void)
 {
 	struct h_cpu_char_result result;
 	enum l1d_flush_type types;

Patches currently in stable-queue which might be from [email-masked] are

queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-add-support-for-a-store-forwarding-barrier-at-kernel-entry-exit.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64-make-stf-barrier-ppc_book3s_64-specific.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-pseries-set-or-clear-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-fsl-fix-spectre_v2-mitigations-reporting.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-patch-barrier_nospec-in-modules.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-pseries-support-firmware-disable-of-rfi-flush.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-rfi-flush-call-setup_rfi_flush-after-lpm-migration.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-pseries-query-hypervisor-for-count-cache-flush-settings.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-powernv-set-or-clear-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-add-support-for-software-count-cache-flush.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc64s-show-ori31-availability-in-spectre_v1-sysfs-file-not-v2.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-fsl-flush-the-branch-predictor-at-each-kernel-entry-64bit.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-fsl-update-spectre-v2-reporting.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-wire-up-cpu_show_spectre_v2.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64-make-meltdown-reporting-book3s-64-specific.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-rfi-flush-make-it-possible-to-call-setup_rfi_flush-again.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-add-support-for-ori-barrier_nospec-patching.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-use-barrier_nospec-in-copy_from_user.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-fix-section-mismatch-warnings-from-setup_rfi_flush.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-avoid-code-patching-freed-init-sections.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-fsl-add-macro-to-flush-the-branch-predictor.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-xmon-add-rfi-flush-related-fields-to-paca-dump.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-fsl-add-barrier_nospec-implementation-for-nxp-powerpc-book3e.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-security-fix-spectre_v2-reporting.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-add-security-feature-flags-for-spectre-meltdown.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-powernv-use-the-security-flags-in-pnv_setup_rfi_flush.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64-disable-the-speculation-barrier-from-the-command-line.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-fsl-fix-the-flush-of-branch-predictor.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-pseries-use-the-security-flags-in-pseries_setup_rfi_flush.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64-add-config_ppc_barrier_nospec.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-move-cpu_show_meltdown.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64-use-barrier_nospec-in-syscall-entry.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-fsl-add-nospectre_v2-command-line-argument.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-add-new-security-feature-flags-for-count-cache-flush.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-fsl-add-infrastructure-to-fixup-branch-predictor-flush.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-rfi-flush-differentiate-enabled-and-patched-flush-types.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-enhance-the-information-in-cpu_show_spectre_v1.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64-call-setup_barrier_nospec-from-setup_arch.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-rfi-flush-always-enable-fallback-flush-on-pseries.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-improve-rfi-l1-d-cache-flush-fallback.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-asm-add-a-patch_site-macro-helpers-for-patching-instructions.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-pseries-add-new-h_get_cpu_characteristics-flags.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-enable-barrier_nospec-based-on-firmware-settings.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-powernv-support-firmware-disable-of-rfi-flush.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-rfi-flush-move-the-logic-to-avoid-a-redo-into-the-debugfs-code.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-powernv-query-firmware-for-count-cache-flush-settings.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-wire-up-cpu_show_spectre_v1.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-add-barrier_nospec.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-64s-enhance-the-information-in-cpu_show_meltdown.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-move-default-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-pseries-fix-clearing-of-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.4/powerpc-pseries-restore-default-security-feature-flags-on-setup.patch