Subject: Re: [PATCH v12 00/11] Appended signatures support for IMA appraisal

From: Mimi Zohar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 09:43:41 -0400

Hi Jordan,

On Mon, 2019-08-26 at 15:46 -0700, Jordan Hand wrote:
> On 6/27/19 7:19 PM, Thiago Jung Bauermann wrote:
> > On the OpenPOWER platform, secure boot and trusted boot are being
> > implemented using IMA for taking measurements and verifying signatures.
> > Since the kernel image on Power servers is an ELF binary, kernels are
> > signed using the scripts/sign-file tool and thus use the same signature
> > format as signed kernel modules.
> > 
> > This patch series adds support in IMA for verifying those signatures.
> > It adds flexibility to OpenPOWER secure boot, because it allows it to boot
> > kernels with the signature appended to them as well as kernels where the
> > signature is stored in the IMA extended attribute.
> 
> I know this is pretty late, but I just wanted to let you know that I
> tested this patch set on x86_64 with QEMU.
> 
> That is, I enrolled a key to _ima keyring, signed my kernel and modules
> with appended signatures (with scripts/sign-file), set the IMA policy to
> appraise and measure my kernel and modules. Also tested kexec appraisal.
> 
> You can add my tested-by if you'd like.

I really appreciate your testing.  Based on the recent
Documentation/maintainer/rebasing-and-merging.rst,  I'm trying not to
rebase patches already staged in linux-next.  Patches are first being
staged in the next-queued-testing branch.

FYI, I just posted a patch that adds IMA appended signature support to
test_kexec_file_load.sh.

thanks,

Mimi