Subject: [RFC PATCH 0/9] Fixes and Enablement of ibm,drc-info property

From: Tyrel Datwyler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2019 01:12:05 -0500

There was an initial previous effort yo add support for the PAPR
architected ibm,drc-info property. This property provides a more
memory compact representation of a paritions Dynamic Reconfig
Connectors (DRC). These can otherwise be thought of the currently
partitioned, or available, but yet to be partitioned, system resources
such as cpus, memory, and physical/logical IOA devices.

The initial implementation proved buggy and was fully turned of by
disabling the bit in the appropriate CAS support vector. We now have
PowerVM firmware in the field that supports this new property, and 
further to suppport partitions with 24TB+ or possible memory this
property is required to perform platform migration.

This serious fixup the short comings of the previous implementation
in the areas of general implementation, cpu hotplug, and IOA hotplug.

Tyrel Datwyler (9):
  powerpc/pseries: add cpu DLPAR support for drc-info property
  powerpc/pseries: fix bad drc_index_start value parsing of drc-info
    entry
  powerpc/pseries: fix drc-info mappings of logical cpus to drc-index
  PCI: rpaphp: fix up pointer to first drc-info entry
  PCI: rpaphp: don't rely on firmware feature to imply drc-info support
  PCI: rpaphp: add drc-info support for hotplug slot registration
  PCI: rpaphp: annotate and correctly byte swap DRC properties
  PCI: rpaphp: correctly match ibm,my-drc-index to drc-name when using
    drc-info
  powerpc: Enable support for ibm,drc-info property

 arch/powerpc/kernel/prom_init.c                 |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/hotplug-cpu.c    | 117 ++++++++++++++++------
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/of_helpers.c     |   8 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/pseries_energy.c |  23 ++---
 drivers/pci/hotplug/rpaphp_core.c               | 124 +++++++++++++++++-------
 5 files changed, 191 insertions(+), 83 deletions(-)

-- 
2.7.4