Subject: Re: [PATCH v6 6/9] ima: make process_buffer_measurement() non static

From: Mimi Zohar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2019 18:04:43 -0400

[Cc'ing Prakhar]

On Fri, 2019-09-27 at 10:25 -0400, Nayna Jain wrote:
> To add the support for checking against blacklist, it would be needed
> to add an additional measurement record that identifies the record
> as blacklisted.
> 
> This patch modifies the process_buffer_measurement() and makes it
> non static to be used by blacklist functionality. It modifies the
> function to handle more than just the KEXEC_CMDLINE.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Nayna Jain <[email-masked]>

Making process_buffer_measurement() non static is the end result, not
the reason for the change.  The reason for changing
process_buffer_measurement() is to make it more generic.  The
blacklist measurement record is the usecase.

Please rewrite the patch description.

thanks,

Mimi