Subject: [RFT 00/13] iomap: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument

From: Krzysztof Kozlowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2020 17:52:57 +0100

Hi,

The ioread8/16/32() and others have inconsistent interface among the
architectures: some taking address as const, some not.

It seems there is nothing really stopping all of them to take
pointer to const.

Patchset was really tested on all affected architectures.
Build testing is in progress - I hope auto-builders will point any issues.

Todo
====
Convert also string versions (ioread16_rep() etc) if this aproach looks OK.

Merging
=======
The first 5 patches - iomap, alpha, sh, parisc and powerpc - should probably go
via one tree, or even squashed into one.

All other can go separately after these get merged.

Best regards,
Krzysztof

Krzysztof Kozlowski (13):
  iomap: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument (as in generic
    implementation)
  alpha: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument (as in generic
    implementation)
  sh: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument (as in generic implementation)
  parisc: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument (as in generic
    implementation)
  powerpc: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument (as in generic
    implementation)
  arc: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument (as in generic implementation)
  drm/mgag200: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument (as in generic
    implementation)
  drm/nouveau: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument (as in generic
    implementation)
  media: fsl-viu: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument (as in generic
    implementation)
  net: wireless: ath5k: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument (as in generic
    implementation)
  net: wireless: rtl818x: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument (as in
    generic implementation)
  ntb: intel: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument (as in generic
    implementation)
  virtio: pci: Constify ioreadX() iomem argument (as in generic
    implementation)

 arch/alpha/include/asm/core_apecs.h                |  6 +--
 arch/alpha/include/asm/core_cia.h                  |  6 +--
 arch/alpha/include/asm/core_lca.h                  |  6 +--
 arch/alpha/include/asm/core_marvel.h               |  4 +-
 arch/alpha/include/asm/core_mcpcia.h               |  6 +--
 arch/alpha/include/asm/core_t2.h                   |  2 +-
 arch/alpha/include/asm/io.h                        | 12 +++---
 arch/alpha/include/asm/io_trivial.h                | 16 ++++----
 arch/alpha/include/asm/jensen.h                    |  2 +-
 arch/alpha/include/asm/machvec.h                   |  6 +--
 arch/alpha/kernel/core_marvel.c                    |  2 +-
 arch/alpha/kernel/io.c                             |  6 +--
 arch/arc/plat-axs10x/axs10x.c                      |  4 +-
 arch/parisc/include/asm/io.h                       |  4 +-
 arch/parisc/lib/iomap.c                            | 48 +++++++++++-----------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/iomap.c                        | 22 +++++-----
 arch/sh/kernel/iomap.c                             | 10 ++---
 drivers/gpu/drm/mgag200/mgag200_drv.h              |  4 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/nouveau_bo.c               |  2 +-
 drivers/media/platform/fsl-viu.c                   |  2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath5k/ahb.c               | 10 ++---
 .../net/wireless/realtek/rtl818x/rtl8180/rtl8180.h |  6 +--
 drivers/ntb/hw/intel/ntb_hw_gen1.c                 |  2 +-
 drivers/ntb/hw/intel/ntb_hw_gen3.h                 |  2 +-
 drivers/ntb/hw/intel/ntb_hw_intel.h                |  2 +-
 drivers/virtio/virtio_pci_modern.c                 |  6 +--
 include/asm-generic/iomap.h                        | 22 +++++-----
 include/linux/io-64-nonatomic-hi-lo.h              |  4 +-
 include/linux/io-64-nonatomic-lo-hi.h              |  4 +-
 lib/iomap.c                                        | 18 ++++----
 30 files changed, 123 insertions(+), 123 deletions(-)

-- 
2.7.4