Subject: [PATCH v2 0/2] Honoring Native AER/DPC Host Bridges

From: Jon Derrick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 15:37:08 -0600

The two patches here force AER and DPC to honor the Host Bridge's Native
AER/DPC settings. This is under the assumption that when these bits are set,
that Firmware-First AER/DPC should not be in use for these ports. This
assumption seems to be true in ACPI, which explicitly clears these capability
settings in the host bridge if the service cannot be negotiated with _OSC.

This also fixes an issue I've seen in a few platforms whose BIOS and/or switch
firmware leaves DPC preconfigured. In these cases, the kernel DPC driver cannot
bind a handler to the interrupt and could result in unmanaged DPC link down
events.

Jon Derrick (2):
  PCI/AER: Allow Native AER Host Bridges to use AER
  PCI/DPC: Allow Native DPC Host Bridges to use DPC

 drivers/pci/pcie/aer.c          | 3 +++
 drivers/pci/pcie/dpc.c          | 3 ++-
 drivers/pci/pcie/portdrv_core.c | 3 ++-
 3 files changed, 7 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

-- 
1.8.3.1