Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 4/4] dt-bindings: fsl: convert fsl, layerscape-scfg to YAML

From: Rob Herring <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 09:18:28 -0500

On Wed, 27 Apr 2022 09:53:38 +0200, Michael Walle wrote:
> Convert the fsl,layerscape-scfg binding to the new YAML format.
> 
> In the device trees, the device node always have a "syscon"
> compatible, which wasn't mentioned in the previous binding.
> 
> Also added, compared to the original binding, is the
> interrupt-controller subnode as used in arch/arm/boot/dts/ls1021a.dtsi
> as well as the litte-endian and big-endian properties.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Michael Walle <[email-masked]>
> Reviewed-by: Krzysztof Kozlowski <[email-masked]>
> ---
> changes since v2:
>  - none
> 
> changes since v1:
>  - moved to soc/fsl/fsl,layerscape-scfg.yaml
>  - generic name for node in example
>  - mention added "syscon" compatible in commit message
>  - reference specific interrupt controller
> 
>  .../arm/freescale/fsl,layerscape-scfg.txt     | 19 ------
>  .../bindings/soc/fsl/fsl,layerscape-scfg.yaml | 58 +++++++++++++++++++
>  2 files changed, 58 insertions(+), 19 deletions(-)
>  delete mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/freescale/fsl,layerscape-scfg.txt
>  create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/soc/fsl/fsl,layerscape-scfg.yaml
> 

Running 'make dtbs_check' with the schema in this patch gives the
following warnings. Consider if they are expected or the schema is
incorrect. These may not be new warnings.

Note that it is not yet a requirement to have 0 warnings for dtbs_check.
This will change in the future.

Full log is available here: https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/

scfg@1570000: interrupt-controller@1ac:interrupt-map-mask:0:0: 15 was expected
	arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale/fsl-ls1043a-qds.dtb
	arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale/fsl-ls1043a-rdb.dtb
	arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale/fsl-ls1046a-frwy.dtb
	arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale/fsl-ls1046a-qds.dtb
	arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale/fsl-ls1046a-rdb.dtb

scfg@1570000: interrupt-controller@1ac:interrupt-map-mask:0:0: 7 was expected
	arch/arm/boot/dts/ls1021a-moxa-uc-8410a.dtb
	arch/arm/boot/dts/ls1021a-qds.dtb
	arch/arm/boot/dts/ls1021a-tsn.dtb
	arch/arm/boot/dts/ls1021a-twr.dtb