Subject: RE: linux 2.6 hangs at __delay function on Viretx 4 board

From: swamydp <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 22:35:22 -0700 (PDT)

Hi John

Sorry for getting back late. 

I have been debugging further using the UART to send output directly to
serial post. Now I see that just after entering start_kernel, a ITLB miss
exception occurs and linux hangs at that point. 

Looks like the kernel is probably not running at all yet, may stuck in
early initialization.

>> Yes

1. Has the kernel ever ran on this board or is this development to get
it running?

>> No. This is a new board and I am trying to build a simple EDK system with
>> only
PPC, UART, PIC as the devices.
 
2. Not sure on the tools you are using to build it.  You mention the
EDK, but you must not be using it's compiler as it's not configured in
the EDK to build Linux. 

>> EDK 9.2 version, XMD for debug. Kernel 2.6 version is built in linux
>> machine and zImage.elf is downloaded
to the board.

Thanks for the UART suggestion, works well. Any suggestions as to what might
be wrong in start_kernel function ? I will continue debugging meanwhile.

Thanks
swamy

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/linux-2.6-hangs-at-__delay-function-on-Viretx-4-board-tp17222725p17454696.html
Sent from the linuxppc-embedded mailing list archive at Nabble.com.