Subject: Block driver Concern.

From: Misbah khan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 02:46:30 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all ...

I have devloped a test block driver on the host system. The driver is
expected to create 16 partitions on the disc and i am using a character
driver to read and write into the partitions where in i am using the request
function of the block driver.

The concern is that , after inserting the driver only one partition gets
created and not the all 16 

There are few question that remained unanswered till now for me :-
1. How could we write a bulk of data to the partitions created by the device
?
2. While inserting the device How is it possible to create 16 partitions
having the same major no.
3. How do in real case we use to write/read blocks of data to/from the disc
(I have used a char driver to test )??

If any of you have worked on Block drivers or have knowledge/Experiance then
please do share it with me .

Thank You 
Misbah <><
2.  
-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Block-driver-Concern.-tp17555236p17555236.html
Sent from the linuxppc-embedded mailing list archive at Nabble.com.