Subject: Re: [OT] write flash on MPC5200 board via jtag

From: WITTROCK <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 05:21:49 -0700 (PDT)

I am using  http://urjtag.org/ UrJtag  to do accomplish this.  I have used it
with both a Wiggler clone and an Altera UsbBlaster as the physical JTAG
interface on both a Linux and Windows (cygwin) host.  The only problem is
that this approach is very slow, so I wrote a small (~8kb) "bootstrap"
program which is first put into flash.  This small program then handles
programming u-boot to flash over a serial interface.  Once u-boot is in
place, I use it to program the rest of flash.

Some JTAG tools actually place a small application in the target devices
ram, then this application allows much faster programming of an attached
flash device.  This requires more information about the COP/BDM interface
than is published in the MPC5200B user manual or data sheet.  I haven't used
the Abatron tools, so maybe they do this.  In the case of UrJtag, it is
simply fiddling with bus signals using boundry scan, so it is excruciatingly
slow.

-WITTROCK
-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/-OT--write-flash-on-MPC5200-board-via-jtag-tp18596887p18609501.html
Sent from the linuxppc-embedded mailing list archive at Nabble.com.