Subject: Xilinx Linux 2.6 for XPS LL_TEMAC and LL_FIFO problem

From: Mirek23 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 02:19:46 -0700 (PDT)

Dear All,

I have done a design using EDK 8.2 using Hard_Temac IP component. In the EDK
9.2 there is a new idea to use ll_temac in conjunction with ll_fifo or
ll_dma. So far I was using happily the linux kernel by Grant Likey.
Unfortunately it does not deal with ll_temac. I have download the kernel
from git.xilinx.com.

I have tried to build the kernel 2.6.26  (by xilinx) but it seems to be that
it is not well prepared for ll_fifo.
I have noticed that in drivers/xilinx_common there are files related to
ll_fifo but in the drivers/Makefile there is no rule to build ll_fifo. The
same refers to the file arch/ppc/syslib/virtex_devices.c ->  there are no
entries for LL_FIFO. I have the impression that one can use only LL_DMA but
not LL_FIFO.

Does anybody has modified the kernel to deal with LL_TEMAC together with
LL_FIFO?
I will be grateful for any hint.

Best Regards

Mirek
-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Compile-time-error%2C-compiling-Xilinx-Linux-2.6-for-XPS-LLTEMAC-tp16065692p18628194.html
Sent from the linuxppc-embedded mailing list archive at Nabble.com.