Subject: Re: continuing XF402 (atimisc) problems

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 15:05:17 +0100

>I've been over this on the -user list and the YDL list, and cc-ed Ani
>a few times with it (no response). No one seems to have a clue as to
>the cause of the problem, which is described concisely at:
>
><http://lists.linuxppc.org/listarcs/linuxppc-user/200101/msg00672.html>
>
>(more detail available if necessary)
>
>This is on a 6500 (on-board RageII) with a RagePro PCI card. I have
>tried rolling my own XF402 build, with Ani's driver updates, and get
>the exact same XFree log result. I've also tried several of kfukui's
>402 rpms, including use of his "old drivers," again with exactly the
>same result.

Check that you have the correct fbdevhw module and that it's loaded in
your XF86Config file.

Ben.

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/