Subject: [PATCH] l2cr fix for BootX

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 05:03:55 +0100

Enclosed is a patch to pmac_setup.c and setup.c that

 - removes the relics of the old l2cr=xxxx kernel arg. in setup.c
 - adds code for getting the "l2cr-value" property, currently at the root
of "cpus" node (that's where bootx puts it but this could eventually be
changed since no one uses it yet).

I did put the code in pmad_setup.c to avoid breaking anything on other
arch, you may want to move it to ppc common code since you know it better
than me and you may want to remove the global (i was not sure, I did put
them to allow other processors to read the value too but I don't think
there is any MP G3 available anyway).

With this fix and the latest bootx, G3 upgrade card vendors will be able
to set a preference in BootX prefs file with the L2CR value from their
proprietary MacOS software (PowerLogix is expected to do it soon).
There'll be soon a generic tool for "capturing" the l2cr value under
MacOS and set the appropriate resource in BootX too.

-- 
           E-Mail: <mailto:[email-masked]>
BenH.      Web   : <http://calvaweb.calvacom.fr/bh40/>