Subject: Re: Strange PMAC IDE performance problem

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 10:59:37 +0100

On Wed, Jan 6, 1999, Dan Malek <[email-masked]> wrote:

>I boot with OF (either floppy or enet) because I don't have an
>easy way to get the kernel into the MacOS system folder.  I have
>hacked the atyfb to force G3 resolution and depth regardless of what
>it finds automatically.

You can either make a little transfer HFS partition that you mount
read/write or use MountX (get the latest version). I will probably write
a linuxdisks-like GPL'ed app too once of those days (less complex than
MountX, it will be easier to get it fully functional with read and write
working).

Another way I use for transfering kernels: netatalk. works great here,
almost nothing to configure.

-- 
           E-Mail: <mailto:[email-masked]>
BenH.      Web   : <http://calvaweb.calvacom.fr/bh40/>

[[ This message was sent via the linuxppc-dev mailing list. Replies are ]]
[[ not forced back to the list, so be sure to  Cc linuxppc-dev  if your ]]
[[ reply is of general interest. To unsubscribe from linuxppc-dev, send ]]
[[ the message 'unsubscribe' to [email-masked] ]]