Subject: Re: MBX860: How to boot with initrd ?

From: Wolfgang Denk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 22:38:08 +0100

In message <[email-masked]> you write:
> 
> >You mean ftp://ftp.linuxppc.org/gary/redhat/RPMS/ppc/egcs*-1.1*ppc.rpm ?
> >
> >They don't work for me - same result: no problems during compilation,
> >but the kernel hangs.
> >
> >So far the only reliably working version of EGCS for me is the one in
> >linuxppc-R4 :-(
> 
> Almost all the kernels I compile are with this version of egcs without
> any problem... They work just fine. Maybe egcs breaks something specific
> to your machine ? Are you using PReP or PowerMac ?

I've run some verification tests with  above  packages  and  my  home
built  cross  compiler  based  on egcs-1.1.1: the plain MBX860 kernel
boots fine, but it hangs as soon as I  try  to  use  initrd  as  root
device.

So better be careful when you use these new compilers :-(

Wolfgang

-- 
Phone:  (+49)-89-95720-110   Fax: (+49)-89-95720-112   [email-masked]
Office: (+49)-89-722-27328               [email-masked]
Quote from the Boss... "I didn't say it was your fault.  I said I was
going to blame it on you."

[[ This message was sent via the linuxppc-dev mailing list. Replies are ]]
[[ not forced back to the list, so be sure to  Cc linuxppc-dev  if your ]]
[[ reply is of general interest. To unsubscribe from linuxppc-dev, send ]]
[[ the message 'unsubscribe' to [email-masked] ]]