Subject: Re: v2.2.1 and serial fixes

From: BenH <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 14:20:25 +0100

On Wed, Feb 10, 1999, Brian C Burke <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Over the last few weeks I seen reference to BenH fixing some serial driver
>bugs that may be involved in ppp hangs. I grapped the 2.2.1 kernel in hopes
>that these fixes were incorporated. Unfortunatelly I'm still finding ppp
>connections often hang and the only fix is to reboot. If I boot into
>mklinux ppp is stone reliable, so the problem is in linuxppc  Were the
>serial fixes incorporated in 2.2 or do I need to get the latest sources?

I'm not 100% sure I have have fixed _all_ the problems, but PPP works
reliably for me using the internal modem of the PowerBook. The fixes are
currently in vger or in Paul's kernel. I beleive the binary snapshot on
samba.anu.edu.au do have them. Are you using a kernel.org kernel distrib
? This one may lack the latest PPC patches.
-- 
           E-Mail: <mailto:[email-masked]>
BenH.      Web   : <http://calvaweb.calvacom.fr/bh40/>

[[ This message was sent via the linuxppc-dev mailing list. Replies are ]]
[[ not forced back to the list, so be sure to  Cc linuxppc-dev  if your ]]
[[ reply is of general interest. To unsubscribe from linuxppc-dev, send ]]
[[ the message 'unsubscribe' to [email-masked] ]]