Subject: Re: Restructuring Efforts

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 17:32:33 +0100

On Tue, Feb 16, 1999, Cort Dougan <[email-masked]> wrote:

>With metered (and well behaved :) changes going into a linux/ppc cvs tree
>I think that wouldn't be a problem.  So I can get a handle on the scope of
>things, how many people would want r/w access to a linux/ppc cvs tree?

I would prefer that rather than one on vger. Many parts of Linux are
still really obscure to me and I'm really afraid of breaking things. I
prefer having to deal with two trees: an "official" one with qualified
patches than can be tested by users and that will ultimately go to Linus,
and a "developement" tree containing more cutting-edge stuffs.

However, the problem that will quickly come from that is the difficulty
to merge changes from the dev tree to vger, at least until 2.3.x is split.

-- 
           E-Mail: <mailto:[email-masked]>
BenH.      Web   : <http://calvaweb.calvacom.fr/bh40/>

[[ This message was sent via the linuxppc-dev mailing list. Replies are ]]
[[ not forced back to the list, so be sure to  Cc linuxppc-dev  if your ]]
[[ reply is of general interest. To unsubscribe from linuxppc-dev, send ]]
[[ the message 'unsubscribe' to [email-masked] ]]