Subject: Wacom Intuos Graphics Tablet and the USB iMac

From: "Williams, Murray Todd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 15:23:02 -0400

I've noticed that there is a pretty functinal driver for XFree86 (Xinput)
for the Wacom Intuos graphics tablet, which is basically a generic serial
device.  ( http://www.levien.com/free/linux_intuos.html ) and I also see
that Wacom describes how to get the serial-port (PC) Intuos to work on an
iMac (USB) via a simple USB-to-serial converter.  (
http://www.wacom.com/productsupport/usb.html )

So here's the question: I know that right now we only have USB mice and
keyboards working on the iMac.  Does anyone know how easy or hard it would
be to get a standard serial device on the USB interface to map to a port
(e.g. /dev/ttyS1 or something) so that I could try to compile the Xinput
driver on an iMac?

On the surface, this sounds like a simple thing, but I know absolutely
nothing about Mac serial devices (/dev/ttySx) or the USB standards.

Any thoughts?

Murray Todd Williams
[email-masked]

P.S. If you're reading this on the linuxppc-dev list, e-mail a response to
me directly.  I haven't put myself on that mailing list (yet).

[[ This message was sent via the linuxppc-dev mailing list.  Replies are ]]
[[ not  forced  back  to the list, so be sure to Cc linuxppc-dev if your ]]
[[ reply is of general interest. Please check http://lists.linuxppc.org/ ]]
[[ and http://www.linuxppc.org/ for useful information before posting.   ]]