Subject: gcc newbie

From: [email-masked] (Vince D. Duperron)
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 10:30:50 -0500 (CDT)

hello;

One of my goals for linuxppc is learning C and C++.  I have started 
the process by writing some elementary programs to get failure with 
the syntax and have had success compiling them on my Sun using Sun's
cc compiler.  I haven't been able to achieve the same results using 
gcc under linuxppc or SunOS.  I suspect I am doing something
gcc doesn't like or understand.  

The programs are short but I hesitate to just post the code.  Being new to 
C and C++ all I have to go by for syntax is what is in my text book.  It 
would be nice if somebody has a moment to look at the code and let me know 
what I may be doing wrong.  Also if you have a good book to recommend that
focuses on gcc and is written for a beginner I'd probably buy it.  

thank you

Vince Duperron

[[ This message was sent via the linuxppc-dev mailing list.  Replies are ]]
[[ not  forced  back  to the list, so be sure to Cc linuxppc-dev if your ]]
[[ reply is of general interest. Please check http://lists.linuxppc.org/ ]]
[[ and http://www.linuxppc.org/ for useful information before posting.   ]]