Subject: Re: USB on "Bronze" PowerBook?

From: Paul Mackerras <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 12:36:28 +1000

Stephen Travis Pope <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I use Linux PPC v5 on a 400 MHz "Lombard" PowerBook and it's *great* --
> my only problem is that I can't use an external USB keyboard and mouse. 
> 
> Is there a kernel hacker out there who could enlighten me as to the
> issues involved in getting this to work? (I'm UNIX kernel literate, but
> haven't looked into USB support.)

I don't know of any particular reason why it wouldn't work.  Have you
tried my 2.2.10 precompiled kernel, which has the new USB drivers in
it?  (It's at ftp://sunsite.anu.edu.au/pub/linux/linux-pmac/
kernel-binary/v2.2.10.)

> Are all Mac USB stacks made for the older interface chips? 

Not deliberately. :-)

> Is anyone currently working on getting this to work? (If yes, do you
> want some help?)

All I need is one of the new powerbooks. :-) :-)

Paul.

[[ This message was sent via the linuxppc-dev mailing list.  Replies are ]]
[[ not  forced  back  to the list, so be sure to Cc linuxppc-dev if your ]]
[[ reply is of general interest. Please check http://lists.linuxppc.org/ ]]
[[ and http://www.linuxppc.org/ for useful information before posting.   ]]