Subject: Re: vger 2.2.10 compile failures

From: Paul Mackerras <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 11:14:01 +1000

Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I'm getting link errors when compiling today's vger 2.2.10 with xmon
> support enabled:
> 
> arch/ppc/xmon/x.o: In function `backtrace':
> arch/ppc/xmon/x.o(.text+0x129e): undefined reference to `ret_from_int'

I got tricked by cvs about this, maybe you have too.  I had a stable
(linux_2_2) cvs tree, and when I did `cvs update -dP', I got an xmon
directory, but it was the xmon from the head of the tree, i.e. the
devel branch.  I should have been doing `cvs update -dP -rlinux_2_2',
of course.  If you do that it should give you the xmon from the stable
branch (which didn't actually exist until yesterday, but now has the
xmon.c with the correct contents).

Paul.

[[ This message was sent via the linuxppc-dev mailing list.  Replies are ]]
[[ not  forced  back  to the list, so be sure to Cc linuxppc-dev if your ]]
[[ reply is of general interest. Please check http://lists.linuxppc.org/ ]]
[[ and http://www.linuxppc.org/ for useful information before posting.   ]]