Subject: Announcing JDK 1.1.8 and JDK 1.2.1 pre-V1 for Linux on PPC

From: Kevin_Hendricks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 14:15:57 -0400 (EDT)

ANNOUNCING: 

Sun's JDK 1.2.1 (pre-v1) and JDK 1.1.8 (v1) for Linux on PPC
------------------------------------------------------------

   * for glibc 2.1 only (all development work for glibc 1.99, R4 has ceased)

   * both green (very stable) and native threads (beta at best)

   * Metrowerks JIT (Just-in-Time) compiler is available for JDK 1.1.8

   * These ports are statically linked with Motif 2.1.

   * These ports were developed under a special Sun's license agreement with
     Blackdown via Steve Byrne

   * passed all non-interactive JCK tests for compiler, runtime-vm, and
     runtime lang (the remaining tests have not been run yet).

The new home website for Java on Linux PPC is:

   http://khendricks.ivey.uwo.ca/linuxppc/jdk/index.html

If your browser hates java use:
 
   http://khendricks.ivey.uwo.ca/linuxppc/jdk/main.html

***Please be nice to this machine!***  

This is my own desktop workstation that I have to use for work.  

Any Offers for Mirror sites will be gladly accepted!!!!! 

In fact, if anyone has access to a real server and wants to
host this site, please e-mail me directly.  I NEED YOU!

Have Fun!

Kevin

--
Kevin B. Hendricks
Associate Professor of Operations and Information Technology
Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario
London, Ontario  N6A-3K7  CANADA   
[email-masked], (519) 661-3874, fax: 519-661-3959

[[ This message was sent via the linuxppc-dev mailing list.  Replies are ]]
[[ not  forced  back  to the list, so be sure to Cc linuxppc-dev if your ]]
[[ reply is of general interest. Please check http://lists.linuxppc.org/ ]]
[[ and http://www.linuxppc.org/ for useful information before posting.   ]]