Subject: Re: mac-2.3.14.diff: adb

From: Paul Mackerras <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 17:21:31 +1000

David D. Kilzer <[email-masked]> wrote:

> The issue at hand is that Jes believes drivers/macintosh should not exist

I still haven't heard why.  I personally would like something more
compelling than "Jes doesn't like it" before changing an arrangement
that is working just fine AFAICS.

> I would appreciate it if Jes and Paul would come to an agreement on where
> the code belongs so we can get on with the ADB merger.  :^)

Jes is more of a "theoretician" than I am, I tend to be more
pragmatic, so this could be a problem. :-)  I will accept patches for
drivers/macintosh from the m68k mac folks.  I have some reservations
about the current adb merge patches, though, which I'll mention once
I've had a closer look at the patches.  In general I'm happy with a
drivers/adb directory but I don't think drivers/macintosh should go
away.

Paul.

[[ This message was sent via the linuxppc-dev mailing list.  Replies are ]]
[[ not  forced  back  to the list, so be sure to Cc linuxppc-dev if your ]]
[[ reply is of general interest. Please check http://lists.linuxppc.org/ ]]
[[ and http://www.linuxppc.org/ for useful information before posting.   ]]