Subject: Re: Lombard shuts itself off

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 18:10:56 +0200

On Fri, Sep 17, 1999, Josh Huber <[email-masked]> wrote:

>It's almost as if the battery gets disconnected sometimes:
>I put the machine to sleep in MacOS, unplug the power strip, put it in
my case,
>and walk around with it for a while, open the case up, and...oh look at that
>the led isn't blinking any more!
>
>Then, the same thing started happening with linux...
>
>It gets to a point where I can't get the machine to boot again without
putting
>the power plug back in.
>
>I was suspicious of a faulty battery bay, so I (temporarily) moved the
battery
>over to the other bay last night -- we'll see how that works.

I have a similar problem with my wallstreet. It seems to survive quite
well when travelling with in bag, but when working with it on my knees, A
brutal move sometimes disconnects the battery. 

There is still a possibility of a problem with PMU communication. This
beast is quite sensitive to various timing issues, and when something
goes wrong, it shuts the machine down abruptly.

-- 
           Perso. e-mail: <mailto:[email-masked]>
           Work   e-mail: <mailto:[email-masked]>
BenH.      Web   : <http://calvaweb.calvacom.fr/bh40/>

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/