Subject: JDK 122 BUGFIX: just released

From: Kevin_Hendricks <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 11:12:42 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Overnight I received a few bug reports about problems with the just announceed 
jdk122_pre-v1 running under 32bpp/24planes with Swing/JFC.  This bug has just 
been fixed.

So if you use 32bpp and or JDK 1.2.2, please grab today's bugfix release for the 
following files:

- README.linuxppc
- jdk122_pre-v2.tar.bz2 
or
- jre122_pre-v2.tar.bz2

Notice the v2 as opposed to yesterday's v1.  Some of the mirrors are still being 
updated so look closely before downloading again.

Note: JDK 1.1.8 does not exhibit this bug, and the latest release (announced 
yesterday is fine).

If you just downloaded 21 meg for no good reason, I sincerely apologize.

Kevin

The following sites are *known* to have the bugfixed version, other mirrors will 
catch up soon.

http://khendricks.ivey.uwo.ca/linuxppc/jdk/
ftp://khendricks.ivey.uwo.ca/pub/
http://www.linuxppc.org/java/

--
Kevin B. Hendricks
Associate Professor of Operations and Information Technology
Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario
London, Ontario  N6A-3K7  CANADA   
[email-masked], (519) 661-3874, fax: 519-661-3959

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/