Subject: ProDOS inquiry

From: Dan Foster <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 04:06:29 -0500

I'm mulling over writing fs support for Linux for ProDOS filesystems,
would make it *so* much easier to fully support some emulator-related
things (ie KEGS).

Documentation is a little hard to dig up, especially for technical ones.
(All of the stuff I see for ProDOS such as stuff on TIL are for
user support...Dejanews power search wasn't of much help either.)

Also not sure if there are actual changes between the P8 and P16 fs
structures (although I know the API calls are!). So was wondering if
anyone here happened to know if any of this information was online,
or if not, in any published format? (e.g. books)

I don't think any of this stuff is hard; I know I've hand-recovered a
logically damaged ProDOS disk once with basic fs structure info, and
it was pretty simple. Of course, this was about 10 years ago :-O
Finding that info again seems to be the hard part.

I'm asking here and not in the other Linux-specific lists because I
figure this is one of the few places where Apple-savvy developers
hangs out. Any info or ptr's would be much appreciated :)

-Dan

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/