Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 1/2] powerpc: Fix building of feature-fixup tests on ppc32

From: Segher Boessenkool <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 01:31:13 +0200

>> We need to use PPC_LCMPI otherwise we get compile errors like:
>>
>> arch/powerpc/lib/feature-fixups-test.S: Assembler messages:
>> arch/powerpc/lib/feature-fixups-test.S:142: Error: Unrecognized 
>> opcode: `cmpdi'
>> arch/powerpc/lib/feature-fixups-test.S:149: Error: Unrecognized 
>> opcode: `cmpdi'
>> arch/powerpc/lib/feature-fixups-test.S:164: Error: Unrecognized 
>> opcode: `cmpdi'
>
> Sorry, I definitely built (and booted) a 32-bit config, so I'm not sure
> how I missed that. What toolchain are you using?

It's more interesting to hear what version of GCC and GAS _you_ are
using :-)

Does it allow 64-bit-only opcodes with -a32?  Does the build system
somehow not pass -a32 for you?

Segher