Subject: Re: problem on netdevice

From: Marc Leeman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 12:19:24 +0100

Make certain that your DHCP server is set up correctly (see the attached file).

For the kernel config; make certain you have the following enabled:
[mleeman@gemini linux-2.4.28]$ cat config.nfs |grep NFS
CONFIG_NFS_FS=y
CONFIG_ROOT_NFS=y
[mleeman@gemini linux-2.4.28]$ cat config.nfs |grep ROOT
CONFIG_ROOT_NFS=y
[mleeman@gemini linux-2.4.28]$ cat config.nfs |grep AUTO
CONFIG_AUTOFS4_FS=y
[mleeman@gemini linux-2.4.28]$ cat config.nfs |grep BOOTP  
CONFIG_IP_PNP_BOOTP=y

Yours is not going to be bootp, but something similar with DHCP (same
goes with the att. file).

P.S. reply to the list too

-- 
ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul