Subject: Re: Vger CVS R.I.P.

From: Wolfgang Denk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 12:25:43 +0100

In message <[email-masked]> you write:
>
> As for general usability, with a trained CVS monkey's POV, bk does
> take some getting used to. My biggest problem has been finding the
> proper documentation(*) - Larry, you may want to post the list above as a
...
> (*): plenty of documentation in the tools, it's just that I find
>      myself clicking around in 'bk helptool' for a long time before I
>      find what I need. I would have liked HTML/ASCII documentation
>      better.

In any case please include ASCII docs  -  I  *hate*  those  so-called
help-tools  with  point-and-click  interfaces  that are *NOT* helpful
because I cannot use grep, and the author had a different idea  about
how I want to search.

Wolfgang Denk

--
Software Engineering:  Embedded and Realtime Systems,  Embedded Linux
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: [email-masked]
What is tolerance? -- it is the consequence of humanity. We  are  all
formed  of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's
folly -- that is the first law of nature.                  - Voltaire

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/