Subject: Re: Re: YUP and RPM dependencies

From: jingai <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 11:46:00 EST

> > rhlupdate
> >    rhlupdate is a small configurable perl script that will connect to
> >    your favorite Red Hat site and update all of the RPMS you have
> >    installed. It also allows you to specify what packages not to
> >    upgrade.
> >
> > It's there, you just have to look a bit around...
>
> Have you ever used apt-get? These tools like rhlupdate and rpmfind
> are not exactly like apt-get.. which is an awesome program.

Agreed!  And that is what I am looking for.

Also, I did finally get YUP to pass the sanity checks (dependencies), but
it still isn't quite what I am looking for, as it provides no way of
selecting which packages I want to install (manually), or just downloading
them rather than installing them.  I don't like to download a massive
number of RPMS and have them all automatically installed :)

-j

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/