Subject: Sound Configuration etc.

From: "Iain Sandoe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 13:51:41 +0000

Hi List,
Before I re-invent (another) wheel...
Are there apps to do the following (on linuxPPC):
1/ determine the range of supported sound formats for built-in sound support
2/ set the format to a chosen one from that set
3/ (OR) play sound files of differing formats.

After looking in the usual places I can't seem to find anything that deals
with any format other than 44100 .wav (even the test prog. from
audio-file-lib seems to set that as the output).  All of the gui-related
apps seem to (usually silently) ignore any attempt at AIFF or sun .au

The problem that I'm having with the 9600 and the dmasound *appears* to be a
discrepancy between the values that the driver thinks are set in the AWACS
and those that have been set up before BootX starts Linux.  Don't you just
love write-only registers :-(

pre-apologies is this is already solved a million times...
Iain.

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/