Subject: Re: LongTrail PCI resource assignment

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 14:18:23 +0100

On Wed, Mar 22, 2000, Michel Lanners <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Can't we replace this with a seed to the resource tree, defined per host
>bridge
>in arch-specific code? On PowerMacs, there's a function that scans for known
>host bridges; that code could (either dynamically or based on hardcoded
>knowledge) put the available IO window into some resource of the host bridge
>pci_dev struct. The tree of IO resources could then be built from there.

Note that in the Uni-N case, all 3 sub-busses have the same bus number
(0). There's apparenty no dev_fn conflicts between the devices on the
various nodes (but each sub node does _not_ have a specific range of
dev_fn, they are somewhat mixed).

For config accesses, we can still rely on my current hack which does a
reverse lookup of the PCI device in the OF device-tree, walks up the tree
to find on which Uni-N entry it is attached, and use the proper config
access registers (all not-found devices are routed to the external PCI,
just in case).

Ben.

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/