Subject: Re: Setting up yaboot

From: Olaf Hering <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 14:41:16 +0200

On Thu, Apr 06, Ethan Benson wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 06, 2000 at 01:37:06PM +0200, Olaf Hering wrote:
> > I will update the suseboot.hqx today, it includes more funny AppleScript
> > files for automate the setup process. SCSI Booting is still an issue,
> > the only way is to boot directly into yaboot. It works here on many
> > differnt machines.
> > Why should ELF loading not work?
>
> elf booting works so long as you don't try to call the yaboot file by
> its type (hd:,\\:tbxi) for some bizzare reason OF barfs if a tbxi file
> is not a CHRP script.  just for kicks go open a MacOSROM file in a
> text editor to see how they worked around this.  (about 80 lines of
> nasty Forth code)

Ok, our os-chooser looks like hd:9,\\yaboot and this way it works.

Gruss Olaf

--
 $ man 1 current_release

BUGS
       Users never read manuals...

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/