Subject: Re: Pismo boots then ?

From: Olaf Hering <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 18:18:57 +0200

On Tue, May 02, [email-masked] wrote:

> Finally, my kernel booted nice into the Suse install items, but I
> haven't the suse CD (only the linuxppc1999 CD), and unfortunately I
> wasn't able to continue my installation.

Just replace the ramdisk.image.gz with the version from your CD.

> ? Do I need absolutely one of the newest distribution CD (ppc2000 or
> suseppc), or can I continue in an other way (using the linuxppc1999
> distribution, or doing it via FTP, or even NFS).

The binaries should work, you need only the latest kernel version.
Take it from BenH's website or from
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/ppc/update/BETA.
The /proc/sys/dev directory might be useful, you can switch some
features on and off :=)

Gruss Olaf

--
 $ man clone

BUGS
       Main feature not yet implemented...

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/