Subject: Re: Yaboot

From: Ethan Benson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 00:41:41 -0800

On Sun, May 14, 2000 at 10:14:06AM +0200, Even André Fiskvik wrote:
> 
> Could someone please tell me how to use yaboot to boot LinuxPPC 2000
> of my PowerBook Pismo ?
> I can't find any documentation on the Yaboot software, and when
> I copy the system folder on the LinuxPPC 2000 CD-ROM to my HFS Standard
> harddisk and tries to boot from it, the only thing coming up is a penguin
> instead of the mac os ROM face, and it just hangs there...
> 
> I'm suspecting that it uses miBoot rather than the Yaboot....
> Could someone please help me out one this one?

see the yaboot-faq on
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/doc/yaboot-faq.html 

also see the man pages included in the ybin (also on my page) package,
which is a GNU/Linux based installer utility for yaboot.

i recommend setting up a small 800K bootstrap partition as this makes
using yaboot much easier.  

-- 
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/