Subject: Re: EST SBC8260 & abatron

From: Wolfgang Denk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 23:31:27 +0200

In message <[email-masked]> you wrote:
>
> I'm having trouble accessing the upper 8MB of the 16MB SDRAM SIMM on this
> board.
> I'm wondering if I don't have something configured wrong in my BDI2000
> config file.

Although I don't have a 8260 here to test, you could send me your BDI2000
config file.

BTW - which firmware version are  you  running?  Abatron  implemented
some Linux-friendly extensions lately...

> Would anyone care to send me one they're using that works?

Is a MPC8xx file of any uise to you?

> Also, we're trying to load the linux kernel into this system.
> How are the folks out there doing that?  Via ftp?  Via a bootloader on the
> 2MB FLASH
> chip on the board tied to /CS0?  What exactly?

Well, why don't you use your BDI2000 to load the image, or to load it
and burn it to FLASH? You already have a BDI, so use it...

Wolfgang Denk

--
Software Engineering:  Embedded and Realtime Systems,  Embedded Linux
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: [email-masked]
The Gates in my computer are AND, OR and NOT; they are not Bill.

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/